° 30

Hemera's pov

I'm doing alright, I'm great and the business all over the world is great too. I'd manage, with Mateo and Louise by my side, I'd manage. Though, there are countless papers that I needed to sign once I go to the office.

I have my own office now here at the manor, Aunt Coraline decided to keep her.

It's February eight. One week before Aunt Maggie's birthday. she had contacted me through email, asking if I could come home. I'm already home. But, Of course, I knew what she meant. I always do.

She sent more than one email, and in the final one, she asked me why I'm not replying like it was new. They don't have our house phone nor mine because I didn't give it to them though they asked if they could have it a couple of times.

I replied to her email, not because I felt bad but because if I don't she will keep emailing me. I'm not annoyed about her email, I just didn't like people emailing me especially if it's not that important.

I don't know if Aunt Maggie's birthday is important.

I told her honestly, I said I couldn't come. I have a tight schedule, too many things to fix. The company, the hotel in Paris, the lumber mill in America, and The business all around the world.

Sometimes, Aunt Coraline is wrong. Sometimes I think I'm not ready, I am not fit for this, at least not right now but she still reassures me that I can get passed all the problems I have right now. Yes, I'd manage but without Mateo or Louise, I think I won't but I have to believe in myself the way they believe in me.

"Mera, can we come?" Lizzie asked "No." I said as I packed her clothes "Besides I will come back in a few days. I have no intention of returning there. Aunt Maggie just begged me to. I'm going to surprise her for her birthday" I told Lizzie "Oh, come on. We want to see your mom and your godmother." She said and continue to annoy me, almost bumping into the glass of champagne that is above the table in my walk-in closet.

"Fine, tell your husband," I grunted as I rolled my eyes. I don't understand why are they insisting to come. They wanted to meet Aunt Maggie. That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

"When are we going to leave?" Mia asked as she stands up. I look at her if anything changes the way she looks and her clothes since she entered my closet because this girl tries everything she sees that fits her in my closet, then, I respond to her "Next morning." I replied to her as I continue to pack my clothes "Alright, see you later." Jen said softly with a smile "And please stop drinking that champagne, it could kill you." as she closed the door.

I walked towards my bed before I heard someone spoke "Are they gone?" Mateo whispered from under the bed, I nodded even though he can't see me before kicking him "Yes, they are. You can come out now." I told him. He chuckled before crawling out of the bed with a pout on his face. I walk back towards the closet and start packing my clothes like I did earlier "Why do you let them come and not me?" Mateo asked as I grabbed my champagne.

I sighed to myself before taking a long sip from the glass and turning my head towards Mateo "Mateo, you need to stay here." I know he will probably get mad because he constantly said that he's jealous of the girls because they've got to come with me in everything but he's not.

"Oh, come on!" Mateo groaned "You'll stay here, end of the discussion." I said, almost scolding him. Mateo can be childish sometimes to the point Louise gets annoyed by him every time he's with the two of us.

I told him to get out because I needed to sleep and I have a flight tomorrow and I needed to wake up early because it was a 9-hour flight and I don't want to drive there at night because as far as I can remember, it was too dark.

And to my surprise, he didn't make a fuss and walked out of my room without any comment leaving his body and mouth.

When Mateo is finally out of sight, I jump into my bed, turning off all the lights before drifting off to bed.

When I woke up, the girls already chatted with me that they are on their way and they are ready which is a good thing because they know that I hate it when people are late and wasn't on schedule.

I showered, get ready and the staff take my luggage to the car before I went down to breakfast and saw Lizzie and Mia trying to start a conversation with Mateo he looks like he doesn't want to be there but he was forced by Aunt Coraline.

"Hemera, have a seat." Coraline said, I nodded before taking a seat between her and Jen who is sitting at her chair quietly as she spoke to Aunt Coraline about something "I'll finish my breakfast and we'll get going." I spoke before I started eating and the two act like they didn't hear me and continue to torture Mateo on his chair.

I didn't mind though, they manage to quiet down Mateo so I manage to eat my breakfast without somebody bugging me and asking me some stupid question.

"Let's go." I said as I stand up "We'll be going, Aunt Coraline." I stand closer to her and leaned down before pressing our cheeks together "Be careful on your flight, dear." Aunt Coraline smiled as she continue to eat her food "Louise, come with me outside."

I started walking and Mia and Lizzie finally stopped torturing Mateo and hurriedly walk beside me, almost stumbling at each other while Louise walked behind us.

When I got outside the manor, I saw Lip standing outside the limousine as he reached the door and open it. He will be the one to take us to the airport. I let the girls come in first but before I enter the limousine,  I turned around to talk to Louise

"Call me if there's any problem, I won't be long, and be patient with Mateo's childishness."

"I can do that, Mademoiselle." Louise said as she chuckle, she was my first friend here when I was new to France, the only one I could talk to using English other than Aunt Coraline "Take care, Mademoiselle." Louise smiled, I smiled back at her before entering the limousine, the door slowly closing behind me.

"FORKS HERE WE COME!" The girls screamed as soon as the limousine drove off, almost shocking me when they screamed and because Lizzie screamed in my ears.

The way they act, it almost looks like they're the ones who grew up in La Push and not me.

——————

Do you y'all think that they're gonna see her once she's back at La Push and where are they gonna see her? I was kind of excited, what about u?
——————