° 23

Astraea is on the plane for nine hours now, She's a bit happy that her Aunt decided to put her in first class, the service is great. if she could just have champagne but the flight attendant didn't give her one, it's like she knew she was underage. So, instead, she asked for water.

She finally got away though It felt wrong to leave the rez. she can't go back now because, for the first time in her life, she finally had the freedom she wanted. Looking down at her palms, she sighed. She hated it when she do that.

She's nervous, she hasn't seen Coraline since she was 8, 2 years before her parent's divorce. Ada said she came because she wanted to take Ada to France but Ada didn't want to, Mabel wanted her to come with Coraline.

"Do you need anything, Miss?" The stewardess asked and Astraea shake her head, the lady smiled at her before walking away.

She sighed for god knows how many. She want her mind to get off things but the things weren't easy to forget. She is relieved that when she's in France she will be occupied and she had no time to think, which can be stressful but she doesn't mind as long as it keeps her mind off things.

An old woman is sitting across her, who's been staring at her for quite a long, Astraea just noticed it.

"Do you need anything?" Astraea didn't notice that she said it loud "Oh no, dear. I'm just mesmerized by your beauty, I've never seen a young woman so beautiful as you." The old woman smiled as she take off her eyes on Astraea's face.

"Well, thank you," Astraea muttered, she was happy that someone appreciate her but she isn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now.

She wanted to call Emmett, to ask if anyone was okay, but she couldn't do it. Perhaps they are okay.  She had to leave before new years eve because that's the only time the Cullens are not paying attention to her.

She doesn't know if he will be devastated because she leaves them without saying goodbye properly. The boy is right, she always leaves without saying goodbye. Maybe she is selfish for doing what's best for her and her future. Astraea is young and reckless but she isn't dumb. But she once was.

She figured out that if she stayed in the rez, she will forever be a la push girl, the housewife if she ever had a husband.

Coraline and France offered her a bright future and she shall take it into her hands.

but she gotta admit to herself that she misses her best friends. But, she knows deep down that she will better be off without them. They don't deserve her anyway.

And that's what she keeps telling herself and she knows in herself that it would never work.

Because that is not how Astraea O'Dell thinks. She thinks with peace and she doesn't want that kind of peace. How could you call something peaceful when there's something's not right, something wrong, and grudges deep inside you? But, she maybe can work it all right.

That's what she always does.

She turned off her phone just in case they called, she wanted to forget them forever. Astraea turns her eye back to the window to watch the sunset. She always found it beautiful and mesmerizing. Watching the sunset gave her the comfort that the man she once loved gave her.

Everything seems to be reminding her of him. Reminding her what they had been through and their times together. Once again, she pulled away her eyes from the window like it hurt her eyes. It's like it blinded her like how love did.

She remembered something.

When she had reached her ninth birthday, she spent her day with her best friends, Paul and little Seth. They spent their time together, running around the beach as they waited for the sunset to show. On that day, it was just the kids, without any adults but of course, their parents gave them a strict rule. No one will go to the water, no matter how skilled they are. It is such a good memory for her. But she can't picture it in her mind the same as she did before.

All her good memories are with them, all the laughs and smiles she had were caused by them.

The night she and he celebrate their anniversary was the happiest day she had in many years since she turned ten. That day is so perfect. But not all perfect days last forever.

And she learned that a very hard way.

She almost jumped in surprise when she heard the stewardess's voice announcing that they were going to land in a few minutes.

She is finally in France, Astraea smiled to herself and unbuckle her seatbelt when the stewardess announced it is safe to unbuckle it. After they land, Astraea stayed in her seat for a moment before she decided to stand up.

She walked towards the exit with her coat on and her headphones on her neck. Once she stepped out of the plane, she knew she is far from home and far from everyone who knew her.

She stops for a brief moment before she continues to walk, she's quite anxious.

A man had walked towards her at the airport and introduced himself as her Aunt Coraline's butler, Lip.  Of course, she knew her aunt Coraline isn't the one who will pick her up, it's just she didn't expect she has a butler. It's more like she expects a bodyguard to pick her up.

While she was in the car, she decided to turn on her phone again but turn it off as soon as she can when she saw how many missed calls and messages are from Forks and Rez.

She sighed, again. Thinking to herself what she had just done to herself. Leaving them like that wasn't the right thing but it was the easiest way for her. She hope they would understand why she was doing this. She may not be showing it but deep inside, she's emotionally hurt. Many people had kept secrets from her, especially the one she trusted the most.

France is her home now and nothing could ever change that.

The end.