° 5

They didn't see Embry for almost one week. he didn't attend any of his classes. Astraea, Jacob, and Quil are getting worried. "Maybe I should check on him again, and go to his house." Astraea said while walking down the hall of the school alongside Jacob "I'm coming with you." Quil said "No need-" Astraea was cut off by Jacob "Do you think it's a good idea? Last time we went there, Aunt Tiffany slammed the door on our face" Jacob said and Astraea rolled her eyes.

Astraea walks to her seat in math class waiting for their teacher to come. Paul entered the room and start walking toward her and sat in his seat. Paul and she became good friends but not close friends. even though they only talk in math class, he is nice to her and didn't act like an asshole like how people describe him.

"Hey." he said and smile "Hi." She replied, "How are you?" He said and look at her "Our teacher is here." Astraea said, avoiding the question.

Mrs. Jones clear her throat and the whole class went silent "Am I interrupting you all?" she asked the whole class and we shook our heads "Not at all Mrs.Jones- we glad that you're here. Right, everyone?" Ginna says and the whole class nod at her except Paul.

Ginna was a pick-me girl. she always wants everyone's attention and she thinks she owns half of the school like Margaret but Margaret was a bitch, a real bitch. The two of them were always with their minions, girls said you're lucky if you're one of them. Ginna will drag you down if you're with the boy she likes.

Astraea doesn't hate them, she just dislikes them and what they've done to other girls who were fancied by the boy they fancied.

"You didn't like Ginna?" Paul asks, how did he know "How did you know?" Astraea ask him "I can see it on your face." he said with a slight smirk.

"Mr. Lahote, do you want to share what you're saying?" Mrs.Jones ask which made her gulp, Paul, shook his head "That's what I thought." Mrs.Jones said.

When the bell rang, Astraea immediately grab her bag and put it on her shoulder.

She felt someone touches her shoulder, she turned around and see Paul "Need something?" She asks him.

"you always do that." Paul said and walk next to her "Do what?" Astraea asks him, meeting his gaze "You always leave without saying goodbye." He said then, she realized.

"I'm sorry." Astraea said and look at him again "It's okay." Paul said and smile at her "Umm.. do you want to hang out on Saturday? " Astraea said and his smile grow bigger.

"Okay." he replied, "I should get going, I'm going somewhere," Astraea said and ran out of the school.

She rode her bike and go to Embry's house. She got off her bike and knock on Embry's door. after a few minutes, Embry's mother shows up and opens the door.

"Hi, Aunty Tif, is Embry in there? I and the boys are getting worried, he doesn't show up in every class, and we didn't even see him." She didn't hesitate to ask. Aunty Tif looks at her "Oh, dear, he's sick so please leave, I don't want you to get sick." Aunty Tif said and close the door but Astraea blocked it with her hand.

"What illness does he have?" She ask, Aunty Tif cleared her throat and spoke "he has mono." then immediately close the door.

She have no choice but to leave, Astraea grab her bike and rode it. When she got home, she saw a middle-aged woman sitting on the couch "Astraea, My favorite Goddaughter." the woman said and hug me "I'm the only goddaughter you have, Ms.Jones." Astraea playfully smiles at the woman in Infront of her "Maggie, would you help me cook?" Her mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Where's Embry?" Mabel asked "Embry is sick." Astraea told her mother "is that so?" Mabel said and Astraea nodded.

"Um, I'm going out with my friend." Mabel raises her eyebrow "Who?" She asks and sits next to Maggie "Paul." Astraea said, Maggie, screaming like a teenage girl "I knew you and him are together and I was right." Mabel looks at Maggie then Astraea "Paul Lahote?" Mom said, Maggie, stop screaming then sit next to Astraea "You still remember him?" She nods, Mabel said in another language "Mom, what did you say? I didn't hear you." Astraea complained.

"Let's eat," Aunt Maggie said with a smile. What was that mean? Did she hear what Mom said? Astraea asked herself.