07| Selcouth

0 7 

S e l c o u t h

  /sel-ˌküth/ 

(adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvelous.

♡♡♡

We accept the love we think we deserve.

  ♡♡♡  

It was very rare when Rose would wake up in a ponytail. 

She was more of a go-to-sleep-with-a-bun kind of girl, and when she woke up and found how messy and knotted her blonde locks were she got immensely confused. 

And it wasn't just a regular confusion -considering how she woke up in her room- it was a type of confusion that conquered all her brain cells into thinking how she actually ended up her. 

She peeled the white blankets off her body as she crossed her eyebrows, rubbing some of the sleepiness of her eyes as she crossed her eyebrows again - why was she here?

She scratched the back of her neck as she looked around, and if she wasn't mistaken this was her room. 

My name is Rose McLean and I am suppose to be at school, she thought to herself, shaking her head as she sighed, Then what the fudge cakes am I doing here? 

She slowly got up, shaking her head when she felt a headache coming. She then took small steps out of the room, observing the quiet atmosphere of the house. 

Mom and Dad are at work ,she thought, And probably still didn't come home.

She swallowed the little saliva in her mouth as her throat went dry - how did she get here?

She quietly crept through her house, keenly listening to any strange noises and trying to identify any weird smells.  

Her

heart

was

a

mess.

She took a small breath as her feet lead her to the kitchen, her brown eyes observing the room as she slowly tip toed to the sink. She looked from side to side, her breathing still not in order before she grabbed a cup (Cringing when it made a cling noise) and poured herself a cup of water.

 She even drank quietly.

She still didn't know what was going on, and it was frustrating Rose to the brim.

She hated being the last one to be informed, absolutely despised it when she couldn't figure out a Math equation or Physics formula, but disliked it even more when she couldn't figure herself out.

She let out a small sigh - what now?

Just as she was about to put the cup away, a small Post It! Note caught the corner of her eye.

The bright neon yellow piece of paper was casually sitting on the kitchen counter, with its dark blue inked hand writing, it was basically waiting to be read.

She quickly grabbed it, her brown eyes scattering all through out the paper, taking in its every syllable as she unravelled the answer to all her questions right before her very eyes.

So I need to do this quick, since the school kinda called, but you my friend, slept in school.

 You were dead cold when I got you, and you're kinda lucky you didn't get any God damn detention..