01| Orphic

0 1

O r p h i c

(adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary and understanding.

♡♡♡

Love is friendship set on fire.

– Jeremy Taylor

♡♡♡

N O T E

Hers is now complete, as of 27th of August 2016, and I have noticed that a lot of people - especially in this chapter - have always commented on how their eye colours are somehow worse than Rose.

I got people telling me their eyes are black, or like a dull brown, and I just wanted to put this message right here for future readers and say that, your eye colour is the most beautiful colour there could be.

Darkness is an abyss that can consume, and light is a radiance that can overwhelm.

So, all of your eye colours - dark or light - is absolutely beautiful, and I cannot stress on this enough. Rose is going to go through character development for this issue, but please, remember that you are just as beautiful - and I cannot wait for the day you get to see it too.

♡♡♡

Waking up every single day at 5 in the morning was tedious least to say.

All Rose could really say about the matter was that it seemed like this regular scheduled programming was somehow integrated into her genes. No matter how many times she would try and get at least ten more minutes of beauty sleep, her body simply just said a simple Not today sweetheart, and her brain would go whacky with overanalyzed thoughts and paranoiac ideas.

Oh God I am going to be late for school and Chase isn't going to pick me up and I am going to fail Physics oh my God God God

Rose had a tight schedule, and Lord knows she would do anything just to keep things in check.

5:07 am and Rose already had her sweater draped across her figure; a small frown on her lips as she rubbed her sleep deprived eyes and grumbled at her reflection in the mirror.

It was only the second day of school and from years of experience, Rose knew that teachers seemed to be extra cranky and irritated than normal with their perky riddles of Guess who will be doing pages 1 to 13 as homework tonight? or tight lipped smile of Remember, this will be on your final just as everyone rustled out of the room.

A tired sigh slipped her lips as her fingers were already weaving through her hair; pulling her blonde locks back into her signature high ponytail in reflex.

Rose had already given up on any cute or interesting hairstyles ever since fifth grade, because waking up at five in the morning did things to her – which included a raw dispassion for her hair – and she has come to peace with it. 

Rose decided just to swipe a little mascara on her eyes; nodding at how her long lashes made her eyes look somewhat interesting – considering they were brown. Not even hazel, just a brown.

She smiled to herself before applying a bit of lip balm and hauling her bag over her shoulder, another exasperated sigh leaving her lips.

Here goes nothing.