11| Diaphonous

1 1

D i a p h o n o u s

  /dʌɪˈaf(ə)nəs/ 

(adj.) light, translucent and delicate.

  ♡♡♡ 

With you, I am home.

 ♡♡♡

Aaron's sweater was still in her room.

She remembered that during Physics class, the utter horror of it making a small gasp escape her lips.

She didn't see him after Chemistry.

Rose knew there was something wrong when it came to Aaron, and it killed her to see him like that, but she knew that he needed time.

He needed to think as he always did, and as much as she wanted to ask him about it, she restrained herself.

And as Rose was taking the bus back home, that was when she realised how precious human beings really were, how human we really are.

She thought Aaron was hard as nails, stiff as a board when it came to stuff like this. But even then, he proved her wrong.

The boy who she thought had no room for emotion, was over flowing with it.

The blue eyed boy had more emotion in him than she thought, and it made her heart do a little flutter.

Emotions were something one couldn't see nor touch, but they were something that could destroy, kill.

And Rose pondered on the thought as she went home, greeting her Mom with a kiss on the cheek as she dashed to her room.

The first thing that caught her eyes was Aaron's black sweater shoved rather obviously under her bed.

Rose's Mom would know that it wasn't hers, and Rose didn't want any questions regarding the matter.

Aaron was her little secret.

Rose laid her bag on the ground before she tied her hair in a bun, exhaling a small breath as she closed her door.

It wasn't often when Rose became a sneaky little rat, but then again, she didn't want to get caught.

She took Aaron's sweater before she dashed to the bathroom, locking the door behind her as she started filling the sink with water.

Rose then started pouring some of her shampoo in the sink, using her fingers to latter up the water. She hoped Aaron wouldn't mind his sweater smelling like shampoo, but she couldn't possibly go and get the detergent.

Her Mom would know, and then came the questioning that Rose couldn't be bothered to answer.

She started washing his jacket, scrubbing away any dirt that might have accumulated on the sweater until it was spotless.

Her fingers hurt after washing, but she knew he deserved it.

She then looked at the black sweater, drenches in the bubbles water as she thought.

Well, how was she suppose to dry it now?

Rose pursed her lips, weirdly eyeing the sweater as though it was going to answer her question before an idea popped in her head.

She zipped out of the bathroom, running to her Mother as she wheezed out a breath.

She ran so suddenly that it also seemed to knock the breathe out of her Mother too. "Rose, dear, don't do that."