12| Lagom

1 2 

L a g o m 

/lɑ̀ːɡɔm/

(n.) not too little, not too much. Just right.

   ●●●  

A broken bone can heal, but the wound a word opens can fester forever.

   ●●●  

He felt ashamed of himself.

He couldn't handle all that she has done for him, and considering he has been sick before, this has never happened to him.

His heart felt heavy on all that she did; as though a large boulder was attached right to one of his heartstrings before it tumbled down a cliff.

I̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶i̶r̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶.̶ ̶

And Aaron knew that everyone was blessed with so many miracles: like how a blind man can suddenly see, or perhaps even an amputated individual grew back their arms and legs, but he knew what his miracle was.

It was that Rose was sound asleep while he was flushing in embarrassment, and Aaron couldn't have been more grateful that she was.

He could shrug off this feeling of embarrassment in his chest, but he could not ignore the secret happiness bubbling in his stomach as he laid and watched her.

He felt really bad for her, if not, really really bad for her.

Her head was nuzzled between her arms, soft snores escaping her lips as she sat on a chair next to him.

It was beyond him on how she got the chair, but he figured that she probably took it from the living room and dragged it here.

S̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.̶ ̶

Her hair was slowly untangling itself from the bun it was in, but somehow the ends didn't manage to. Rose's hair was almost loose but the rubber band was still settled into a small bun at the ends of her hair, and he wanted to laugh.

His tired eyes drifted to the window, and when he still saw no sunlight, he figured it was probably 4 in the morning.

His heart couldn't stop hammering against his rib cage, hot sweat trickling down his back and shoulders as he looked at Rose.

But there was something that was killing Aaron at the way she was sleeping, because he knew that she was going to have terrible back aches the next morning.

A̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶ ̶

His mind always seemed to turn hazy when he tried to remember what on Earth happened last night, and what the hell drove Rose to bring him home and take care of him; but even through all the confusion and pain, he somehow felt grateful.

He tried to be harsh when she first came to check on his, putting as much venom as he could in his tone, i̶t̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶, and yet, she still stayed.

Through all the harsh words, through all the glares and scowls, she stayed.

I̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶i̶r̶a̶c̶l̶e̶.̶ ̶