10| Petrichor

1 0

P e t r i c h o r 

  /pɛtrʌɪkɔ/ 

(n.) the scent of rain on dry earth. 

   ●●● 

  I asked for you on rainy days.

   ●●●   

It was a quiet Tuesday morning.

Little dews of moisture slid down Aaron's window as he watched them roll down, before many others joined; almost racing down his window.

The air seemed tense today, almost suffocating as Aaron thought.

He was going to miss school today.

It was something inevitable, something that he knew had to happen.

He needed to see his brother.

His blue eyes glanced at the morning rain outside, wondering whether one day, he too, could be a rain drop.

Falling down from the heights of the heavens, a rain drop always sounds like some angelic - utterly sacred as it descended onto the Earth.

He shook his head - he knew he never was going to be one.

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶

Aaron was always queasy when this time of the year came around, disturbing his mental state almost a week before -what he might do was probably illegal too- but somehow, this year his mind seemed less disturbed.

B̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶

It was never something new for Aaron to be thinking, but it was something interesting when he was thinking of someone.

S̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶.̶ ̶

Remembering her warm gaze send a rush of warmth through him, loosening the tight knots in his gut while calming his racing heart.

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶

And he thought of Rose - he really did.

He thought on how she was going to be alone in English today, and how she wasn't going to have anyone to talk to in Literature and Chemistry, a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶

Rose was indeed a mystery he could never unravel, but somehow thinking of her always seemed to make his mind less...catastrophic.

He could never seem to wrap his brain around the little blonde, wondering what her thoughts were, and even questioned whether he would ever be able to understand what her eyes were whispering to the world around them.

Aaron then glanced at the clock, 9 am, it read and Aaron thought he still had a few more hours before he had to go.

He knew the ride alone was going to take about 3 hours, and then there was 45 minutes to wait for classes to be over, so Aaron obviously still had a lot of things to take care of before he left.

Luke already handled the case of getting a car since the only one who had one was Aiden, and Aaron was in desperate need of one, Luke did it for him.