08| Monachopsis

0 8

M o n a c h o p s i s 

 /fos-fEnz/

(n.) the subtle, but persistent feeling of being out of place.

  ●●● 

I tend to feel everything deeply or not at all.

  ●●●

He could tell the days when she took a shower.

And he was aware on how creepy that sounded, but it was something he was proud of noticing.

She would smell fruity - a weird blend of shampoo and blue berry body wash that found his nostrils whenever she sat beside him.

S̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶m̶e̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.̶ ̶

And she showered today - her scent of floral sweetness tickling his nostrils as she sat beside him; her delicate shoulder brushing against his own while her eyes held amazement looking at the books around them.

A̶b̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

He felt like a giant compared to her; noticing how hIS shoulders were firm against her soft ones, and even how her fingers were the tiniest things compared to his.

But the moment he left the library, a huge smile was playing on his lips, a whole hearted laugh bubbling in his chest as he stifled it.

S̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶u̶m̶b̶e̶r̶.̶

He shook his head as that silly grin was still tickling his lips before he noticed all the wide eyed stares he was getting.

And it was gone.

The smile vanished as quick as it came, a frown replacing it while he could feel his stare harden.

B̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶

There was always something new about Rose everyday: he didn't know whether it was the way her ponytail was sitting on top of her head, or perhaps the new twinkle in her eyes that somehow always seem to peek through those brown orbs.

He never really thought of a girl this much, but when he did, it just felt...weird.

Aaron DeGarner was anything but a flirt - much less a guy who thought of a particular brown eyed girl. He never thought much of the female population, respecting them when no one was, tried to protect them when danger was lurking and of course, never looked at a girl wrongly.

He never got any attention from any girls, which partially made him happy considering all that went to Aiden.

B̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶.̶ ̶

Aaron knew he would be late for class if he kept letting his thoughts take over his pace, and with an empty mind, he rushed to Accounting.

B̶u̶t̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶.̶ ̶

✘✘✘

When Tristan told him that he had a tutoring session with Rose at lunch, he honestly couldn't help the swarms of butterflies that invaded his stomach. He could even feel the little twitches his arm was making, and he could sense the weird looks both Tristan and Aiden were giving him.