18| Atychiphobia

1 8

A t y c h i p h o b i a 

  /əˌtɪkᵻˈfoʊbiə/ 

(n.) fear of failure; fear of not being good enough.

  ●●● 

Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.

 ●●●

N o t e

Hey loves! This update was so nice to write like fdsjfkdgjl. And thank you to everyone that wished me a happy birthday! It is the first time that anyone other than my friends and family have greeted me! So thank you, and you all deserve unicorns! 

And please vote and comment your thoughts below, it always makes my day! 

PS - It's 4 am here and I'm eating ice cream while watching Elementary so unedited. I'll fix them in the morning, pinky swear. 

Enjoy x

 ●●●

Rose's eyelashes were the colour of her freckles. 

A light brown colour; almost an ashy blonde every time she blinked. 

A̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.̶

But as Aaron drove Chase's car to Rose's house, he could feel his stomach quiver in fear. D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶. His foot on the gas as he passed by green lights, the mild breeze cooling down the sweat on his temples and back as he drove up the highway. 

Rose was beautiful even when she was quiet; her lips pulled up into an almost effortless smile as her eyes drooped every now and then. Perhaps she was just tired, or maybe she was sleepy. Whatever it was, if she was, they could postpone this for tomorrow if she wasn't feeling up to it. H̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶.

"Are you tired?" He asked her faintly, his eyes glancing at her as she shook her head. "You can tell me Rose, are you?"

"I'm not," She replied softly, and he could almost hear the quiet drowsiness in her voice. "I just get a little sleepy in cars that's all."

He peeked at her from the corner of his eye. Slightly smiled. "Really now?"

A sleepy smile broke out on her lips, almost as delicate as the brown in her eyes. "Yeah,"

He suppressed a big smile, but he let a small one slip anyway. His fingers then grazed her own, before he laced their fingers together. "Okay then," He said. "Sleep well for a little bit, it'll be a while before we reach your house."

Rose smiled slowly, the drowsiness splattering across her eyes as she nodded. "Okay."

T̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

Aaron found himself smiling too as he drove; it felt weird, but it felt nice too. 

He's been smiling an awful lot these days, and even though he hated himself for it, he still enjoyed it. Maybe it was Rose opening him up, crack by crack as she slowly slid through him. Or maybe it was because he just seemed like he had things to smile about again. W̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.