13| Philocaly

1 3 

P h i l o c a l y

 /fɪˈlɒkəli/ 

(n.) the love of beauty.

  ♡♡♡  

Sometimes people are beautiful,

not in looks,

not in what they say,

just in the way they are.

  ♡♡♡  

Her body was still tingling as she walked home, a wide grin stamped on her lips as she rang her door bell.

Her heart was dancing in her chest.

"Oh hey Rose," Her Dad smiled. "Your Mother's going to kill you."

"I know," Rose said warily. "but I texted you." She argued, pouting as she entered home.

Her father nodded. "And I told her that, but she wasn't buying it."

Rose sighed. "Where is sh-"

"And where have you been young lady?" Helen asked, hands on her hips as she shot Rose a stern look.

"I've been at a friend's house," Rose mumbled, her cheeks giving her away as she added. "I called you Mom, I swear."

Helen hitched an eyebrow, eyeing her daughter suspiciously. "Why was it so sudden Rose?"

Because he was sick, I had to help him.

Rose shrugged. "She offered and I thought why not?" A grin then tickled Rose lips. "And I thought you always encouraged meeting new people Mom, what's wrong with this one?" Rose asked, the self satisfied expression on her face made her Mom's lips drop.

Even Peter's slight smirk made a string of confidence boost up her spine.

"Uh - why of course I do love the fact that you're making friends and umm - it satisfies me to the end, but I need to officially meet her too Rose," Helen managed to spit out, her hazel eyes still uneasy as she added. "Well then, at least tell me her name."

He's more beautiful than words could describe.

"Her name's Lana," The lie slipped through Rose's lips so fluently, as though it was settling itself right at the bottom of her tongue, waiting for its chance to slither out.

Anything for Aaron.

"Hmm," Helen said, pursing her lips in annoyance before she nodded her head. "Alright, I guess there's nothing wrong with a girl's night out once in a while."

Rose gave her Mom a small smile. "You know it."

"Oh believe me, she does." Peter piped in, grinning. "She ditched so many dates with me for one of those."

Helen grinned. "And I still don't regret it."

Peter chuckled, shaking his head in humor. "Didn't say you did."

Rose smiled before she let out a fake yawn. "Anyway, I'm kind of tired now, so I'm going to bed-"

"How was school sweetie?" Helen asked, a small smile on her lips as she sat down on one of the sofas. "I forgot to ask you,"