22| Feuillemort

2 2 

F e u i l l e m o r t

  /-mȯrt/ 

(n.) the colour of a dying leaf.

  ●●● 

She was the type to fall in love with the moon, and everything that was beautifully unreachable.

  ●●●

He told Luke first.

Right after school was over, Aaron frankly told him that he was courting Rose. Luke's reaction was somewhat bearable; Aaron was always used to seeing James run around and squeal, so it wasn't any different with Luke.

He didn't know why he waited until after school to tell anyone. Maybe it was because it kind of slipped his mind - being around Rose always does to him. Or perhaps it was because Aaron wanted to see for himself that it was actually happening. Kind of like a real life pinch on the shoulder. That Rose agreed to be his.

It felt weird, but it felt nice too. And at times, Aaron thought he was still sleeping, that all of this was just some cloudy illusion of his sacred imagination.

But as much as Aaron tried to resist, he always couldn't help but smile.

It was just something so incredibly extraordinary; something so unbelievable that Aaron couldn't really help but freak out over how happy he was. It was nerves and anxiety; goosebumps and smiles.

It was something absolutely ridiculous, but it felt absolutely amazing.

Just like Rose.

☀☀☀

He had no idea what he would be expecting when he went to school the next day.

Rose was unpredictable really; and Aaron was ready for anything. He was ready for the fire that she was going to breathe on his face, ready for the daggers that she was going to shoot his way, ready for the arrows with tips of flame that were going to be aimed in his direction.

He was just not ready for this.

"Something wrong?" Rose asked him, looking at him weirdly. "You look like you're going to pass out."

There was something so spectacularly uplifting about seeing Rose dress entirely in black, but there was also something so absolutely desirable that Aaron had to look away for a second and count to 10 before his breathing eventually subsided to normal.

"Nothing," He was pretty sure his squeaky voice gave him away. He then cleared his throat. "You look nice."

Rose beamed -Jesus Christ, dear Lord, oh my God- "Really? Thank you!" She adjusted the hem of the black shirt slightly, that breathtaking smile still on her face. "I'm glad you like it." I don't like it, I fucking worship this oh my God I can't breathe-

Aaron just nodded his head slowly, taking in a deep breath before he leaned down to leave a gentle kiss to her forehead, as he does every morning, before he whispered, "But why are you wearing this though?"

Rose just shrugged. "I wanted to see what it felt like to be you for a while."

"You mean handsome, absolutely hilarious and rather tall?"