20| Collywobbles

2 0

C o l l y w o b b l e s 

  /kɒlɪwɒb(ə)lz/ 

(n.) butterflies in the stomach.

  ●●●   

For all things my hands have held, the best by far is you.

  ●●●   

Maybe Rose didn't notice.

But ever since their little talk in the backroom, Aaron couldn't stop smiling. He couldn't stop even if he wanted to. 

While he worked the rest of his shift, he did it entirely with a smile. And considering how his regular customers were always used to his grumpy frown, it was a big surprise to see him happy; let alone smiling. 

He could feel the adrenaline going, his heart racing, his hands trembling, but Aaron was too busy smiling to even notice. He didn't care that he looked weird or abnormal, the only thing that mattered was that Rose knew.

She knew what she was able to make him feel, she knew what kind of power she possessed over him, and she knew that he was probably just as lovesick as she was; if not more. 

After dropping Rose home, Aaron took a while as he walked home. He had no idea why, but everything seemed brighter. Everything looked more beautiful, more enchanting. 

And Aaron scowled himself for it. "You're acting like a pussy," He told himself. "Fucking man up."

He heaved out a small breath, while a small smile climbed up his lips. Even though it was a bit chilly out today, Aaron was all warm. This fuzzy feeling from the center of his brain was reaching the tips of his toes that even as he entered his apartment, he didn't shiver once. 

Surprisingly Luke was already there, putting his stuff back where they belonged. When Aaron entered he looked up. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

The scowl was back on. "Well hello to you too,"

"Why are you smiling?"

"I'm fine, thank you for asking." 

Luke's hazel stare was burning holes into Aaron's back. "Yeah well I'm not, it was fucking raining the entire trip. It was shit."

Aaron shrugged. "Tough luck,"

"You scaring the fuck out of me."

He frowned. "Why?"

"You seem so-" Luke physically shivered. "-so happy." 

Aaron made a face. "Really?" He sighed, the annoyance laced in his tone. 

Luke nodded, and Aaron could already see some peeling blisters on his forearms. "Yeah," Luke shrugged. "It looks weird."

Aaron just shrugged in response. "Whatever," He grumbled, walking towards his room before he called out. "Good to have you back," 

"I knew you would miss-"

Aaron already shut the door of the room. 

He let out a small breath as he sat down on his bed, his eyes flickering to the protein bar on his bed stand. And when he looked at his stiff unmade, make shift bed that he set up last night, a smile tickled its way to his lips.

Her hands. 

They were the softest thing he has ever touched. Aaron was never really a guy that went along well with thunder; it was one of those things that Aaron usually tried to suck up and ignore, but with how much noise it was making last night and how he could feel every single strike made him swallow a gulp of saliva just thinking about it.