25| Lacuna

2 5 

L a c u n a 

  /ləˈkjuːnə/ 

(n.) a blank space, a missing part.

  ♡♡♡ 

Because you made me smile, even just for a little while.

 ♡♡♡ 

b e f o r e

Rose noticed.

She noticed how weird Aaron was acting whenever they were in his apartment. She'd notice him trying to hide things; purposely stepping on a crack on the floor, stretching too high to not let her take a peek at the ceiling.

She noticed how whenever they were in the kitchen, Aaron would look so helpless; blue eyes tingling with sheer panic before he'd snap out of it and make the meal as fast as he possibly could.

She noticed this without even trying. And good God, Rose wanted to tell Aaron that she didn't care. That she didn't care about that stupid crack on the floor or the damn ceiling. None of that mattered to her.

But Rose thought she was just imagining things; that maybe he was just being like this only for today.

But she was wrong.

☂☂☂

Maybe if Rose was born in a parallel universe, she wouldn't make this as big of a deal as it was. But she wasn't.

She was Rose McLean; a curvy, weirdly oriented 17 year old girl who has never had a proper boyfriend before.

Maybe if Rose has been punk rock she would be able to pull Aaron down for a kiss whenever she felt like it. To be able to touch him without becoming a blushing mess. To whisper to him that she didn't like him anymore, that she was already in love with him.

And maybe if Rose had more guts than she had hips, she'd tell him that. She'd tell him that he was the most important thing that she has ever loved. That even if he didn't love her back, her love for him would just keep growing.

That his name was the only name that could get her heart racing, that the whispers he told her already had a special place in her heart alone. That even if Aaron wore brown contacts, dyed his hair pink and stopped wearing black, she would still love him just as much. That he was her silver lining in a sky of gold, that every single moment they had together was a memory Rose would always cherish.

That even if they were doing absolutely nothing, it felt like the entire world. That every kiss they shared was already sealed in the chambers of her brain before she could say otherwise.

But she wasn't. She wasn't going to tell him because she was scared. Scared that this time she will go overboard.

☂☂☂

This wasn't the first date Rose has been on.

There were a few young chaps who went up to the blonde haired girl and asked her out for a cup of coffee. Alright, so only 2 boys asked her on dates in her entire 17 years of living, but she wasn't counting was she?

And she agreed; agreed because at the time, Rose found it absolutely adorable on how they'd stutter, or how she could always make out the tinge of pink settling on their cheeks.

She went on that cup of coffee or that promised dinner, and she'd always come back feeling the same way.

Unsatisfied.