21| Basorexia

2 1 

B a s o r e x i a 

/ba-sO-'rek-sE-a/

(v.) The overwhelming desire to kiss.

  ♡♡♡ 

Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.

 ♡♡♡ 

Aaron smelt absolutely amazing.

Rose couldn't really put her finger on what it smelt like, but it was like a concoction of things really. It was sweet, but minty; it had a hint of spice and citrus, but it also smelt like fresh apple. Rose thought she was going insane.

Rose didn't know how, but somehow she ended up pressed right against Aaron's firm chest; his delicate fingers playing with the ends of her hair as they sat and talked about some of the books they both read on her shelf. She mindlessly played with his fingers too, smiling as she watched Aaron talk about Pip.

Aaron might now necessarily know, but when he talked about books, everything about him changed. His chest would loosen up the tension bottled in, his arms would relax against her shoulders, and his eyes his eyes his eyes.

Rose already thought Aaron had the most beautiful eyes she has ever seen, but this, this was something she would never fathom as beautiful. It was perfect. Breathtaking. Alluring. It was Aaron.

The blue hues would always reflect off this iridescent light; sparkling in their own turquoise colour. The yellow around his iris would profoundly mimic an almost yellowy orange; bringing out just how blue his eyes were.

Aaron's eyes were a lot of things: amazing, miraculous, magical. But so was everything else about him. Aaron was just a body full of magic and miracles - he was things Rose has never seen before, words she has never read, and emotions she has never felt.

Aaron was Aaron. And perhaps he didn't see how brave, or smart, or handsome he was, Rose would show him. Because Rose thought everyone deserved to feel beautiful. To feel appreciated.

"You know dimples are caused be an abnormally shortened face muscle?" Rose said, smiling.

"Zygomaticus muscle to be exact," Aaron added. Rose noticed that when his right dimple made a short appearance, he was trying not to smile. But she wanted him to.

"Apparently it's a genetic thing too," Rose said.

Aaron nodded. "Yeah, my Dad has them too." He cracked a narcotic grin. "But I'm pretty sure I rock them better."

Rose gave him a look. "You did not,"

He shrugged in response. Rose smiled.

There was always something so stunning about seeing Aaron blurt out something as narcissist or as boastful as his dimples because it rarely ever happens. Rose knew Aaron was the most selfless person she has ever met; the most down to Earth individual she single handedly had the pleasure of meeting.

He never even tried to mention to her that it was him that planned her birthday party, never failed at collecting her notes and sheets on the days she missed school. There was so many things Aaron screamed at the world, and yet people would only catch on his quiet whispers.

He wasn't muscular or kind tempered or incredibly handsome. He wasn't broken or overly confident or patient. Aaron was just a boy. A boy whom, in her eyes, was the most beautiful person to walk on this planet.