Page 40: Arguments and Stories:

*The Next Morning*

Regina assumed that Dream had headed out, so Regina went to find Dr. Hopper, confronting him over telling Emma. Archie was walking his dalmatian, Pongo, by the boats when Regina walked up to him. "Beautiful day, isn't it, Regina?" Archie asked her with a smile. "Why should I answer you, bug?" Regina asked when she stopped, making Archie stop in front of her.

"Because I'm making friendly conversation." Archie smiled as if it was apparent.

"That you'll just repeat to anyone with an ear. You told Ms. Swan about our sessions." Regina said, making Archie sigh, realizing that's why she was upset. "I was simply trying to help you." Archie tried to defend himself, giving her a reassuring smile.

"By betraying my trust?"

"I mentioned only that you had come to see me as an example of your commitment to change." Archie tried to tell her, but Regina was still upset. "I came to you in confidence. How am I supposed to prove to people I've changed when you're there to chirp in their ears and remind them of my past?" Regina asked him, making Archie sigh at her concerns. "I said nothing specific. I would never betray the doctor-patient confidentiality..." Archie tried to explain himself, making Regina scoff at his comment. "Doctor? Doctor? Need I remind you, you got your Ph.D. from a curse." Regina spat when Ruby, who was on a run, noticed the arguing.

"Hey."

Ruby rushed over, making Regina scoff at herself. "Is everything okay here?" Ruby asked, coming to a stop to look at Regina. "Private conversation. Go take yourself for a walk." Regina scoffed when Ruby looked at Archie while he nodded, letting her know it was okay.

Ruby just walked away when she knew that Dream came to Granny's after not wanting to stay with Regina last night. "I can be trusted. I assure you." Archie spoke up again when Regina sighed, thinking about her children. "You're lucky I've changed." Regina sighed before walking away from Archie.

*Meanwhile*

Dream sat by the docks, looking at Henry's book that he let her borrow. She wanted answers, hoping that it would help or give her something to go off of.

"Why is going on in that pretty little head of yours?" 

Dream scoffed to herself before looking up to see Hook. "For a man hiding around, waiting for his revenge... walking around in the middle of the day, around the docks, isn't what I would consider a stealthy plan." Dream said when she looked at the pirate, who sat beside her. "Well... I have a feeling that you can help me out with my little vengeance." Hook smirked when Dream sighed, looking back at Henry's book.

"Why would I help you?" Dream asked when she flipped the page, seeing a photo of Regina terrorizing a village.

"Because I have a story to tell you." Hook said, making Dream look up at him, raising her brow. "A story?" Dream asked when Hook nodded, smirking at her. "Well, go on... It's not like I have anywhere to be." Dream sighed, closing her books and looking up at Hook, who continued to smirk.

"Shall I?" He asked, motioning to her bracelet.

Dream went to take it off, but Hook stopped her. "No, no. You're not supposed to take it off. Cora says it only works with your magic, being the Dark One's daughter." Hook said when Dream furrowed her brows. "Then how are you supposed to use it?" Dream asked him when he smirked, reaching for her hand. As he intertwined their fingers when the bracelet started to glow. "What's going--" Dream went to ask but stopped when she felt her nose starting to bleed, and Hook's memories started to show.

"Believe it or not... I was abandoned by my father as a child... He left me and my older brother, Liam, selling us to sailors." Hook said when Dream watched him look at the images of his father. "Why are you telling me this?" Dream asked when he moved his gaze to look at her. "Because I know what you're feeling. Being abandoned by your father. We're not so different, love." He said when Dream kept looking at his blue eyes. Eyes that she felt time stop every time she looked into them.

"Don't tell me; Captain Hook is going soft?" Dream scoffed, moving her gaze from him while she moved a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm not going soft... Like I told you last night, you might be more useful to me than I once thought. You can help me get my revenge... on the man that didn't fight to raise his daughter." Hook said when Dream looked up. She was hurt and angry at the words. "He was under a curse..." Dream tried to justify his actions. "Do you truly believe that the Dark One would willingly be subject to a curse that he created?" Hook asked when Dream sighed, realizing he was right.

"You still have a story to tell..." Dream said when Hook noticed her voice cracking from her holding back tears.

"Well, it began when I was a young lad..." Hook began while Dream listened in, watching the memories appear from her bracelet.

~season 2, episode 10: "The Cricket Game"~

~863 words~