Page 4: Where's Henry?

*A Few Months Later*

Dream was working her shift at Granny's while serving her usual customers. Leroy and his coffee and doughnut. Archie and his scrambled eggs and toast. Marco talks about how Regina was so fortunate to have two children after he and his wife had trouble trying to have one. Mr. Gold always came in for a cup of coffee and always asked Dream how her day was going. 

While Dream was cleaning up the tables, Regina rushed in. "Hey, Mom. You want some coffee-- What's wrong?" Dream asked when her mother marched over to her. 

"Henry forgot his lunch, so I went to drop it off, and he didn't even show up to school. Didn't you drop him off this morning?" Regina asked, sounding frantic.

"Yes..." Dream said when she turned to look at Granny, who overheard. When Dream took her apron off, Granny nodded, heading out to find Henry with her mother.

"Where could he be?" Regina sighed, asking Dream when they headed to start looking in Regina's car.

After a long day of calling and searching everywhere, Dream stared out of the window, waiting for any news, while Graham tried calming Regina down. 

"Mom!" Dream yelled, seeing a blonde woman in a red leather jacket talking to Henry in the front yard.

"Henry!" Regina smiled when she opened the door, making Henry and the blonde woman look at her. "Henry!" Regina said, running to hug him with Graham, and Dream followed behind.

"Oh! Are you okay?" Regina asked when she moved to let Dream hug her little brother. 

"Where have you been?" Dream asked, looking at her baby brother. "We've been worried sick." Dream said, kissing his head when he hugged her back.

"What happened?" Regina asked, looking at Henry, who looked over Dream's shoulder.

"I found my real mom," Henry said, moving away from Dream before running inside.

"Henry?" Dream said, glancing at her mom, who looked at the blonde woman. "I'll go talk to him." Dream said to her mom, running after Henry.

"You're Henry's birth mother?" Regina asked the blonde woman. "Hi." The woman gave her a small smile.

"I'll just go check on the lad, make sure he's all right," Graham said, walking into the house.

Regina put a small smile on her face, still looking at Henry's birth mother. "How would you like a glass of the best apple cider you ever tasted?" Regina smiled at her. 

"Got anything stronger?" The woman asked when Regina led her inside to talk.

Meanwhile, Henry wouldn't answer as his bedroom door was closed. "Henry? Can you just talk?" Dream asked, sitting in the middle of the hallway, waiting for him to open the door or talk. 

"Anything?" Graham asked, leaning on the wall, making Dream look up at him. 

"No." Dream sighed, leaning her head on Henry's door.

"Give the lad a minute. He's had quite the day." Graham said, moving to sit beside Dream, who was looking at her necklace. "You okay?" Graham asked, nudging Dream's arm.

"Yeah... This has just got me thinking..." She sighed, looking up at Graham.

"About?" He asked when she sighed, making him move his arm around her shoulders to comfort her into a hug. 

"My dad... I just wish I could have met him, you know?" Dream sighed, looking down when Graham rubbed her arm. 

"Yeah, I get that... He would have gotten to know the most wonderful daughter in the world." Graham smiled, making Dream chuckle a bit.

"Thanks, Graham... That means a lot." Dream smiled when they sat there, waiting for Henry to talk.

~season 1, episode 1: "Pilot"~

~588 words~