Page 53: To the Hospital:

"Dr. Whale, please report to the ER."

Emma walked with the stranger's stretcher while he was ushered into the hospital. Mary Margaret and Dream stayed by Belle's side, who was freaking out. "I don't know what you're doing." Belle freaked out while Mary Margaret tried to calm her down.

"Car versus pedestrian. Chest trauma from the wheel... pedestrian's got contusions, broken ribs." The paramedic tells the emergency room nurses. Hook was restrained on the stretcher while Dream carried his hook in his satchel. "Go to X-ray. Pedestrian first." One of the nurses said, guiding the paramedics.

"Hide him. Find a room and hide him." Emma told the nurse, pointing at Hook.

"Belle..." Gold said, making David and Leroy stop to look at him. "What's going on?" He asked, seeing Belle with Dream and Mary Margaret. 

"Get him out of here," David yelled to the hospital security, moving to stop Gold, who tried to fight to get by him. "What's happening? Belle!" Gold still tried when Dream glanced back at him before trying to help calm Belle down.

"I'd like to know that myself," Leroy spoke up when Mary Margaret moved over to Ruby when a nurse started to lead Belle to a room. "Belle! Belle!" Gold continued to yell when Mary Margaret moved to rub Dream's back as she seemed upset and skittish around Gold. She feared him.

"Everybody, calm down!"

The ground looked over to Dr. Whales, who came over to them. "Mr. Gold... Everything will be fine. She's in good hands here. I promise." He tried to reassure Gold, who slowly nodded, before looking at his daughter, who looked anywhere but at him.

Dream sat on the side of Hook's bed while Emma paced around the door. Hook was asleep from being sedated to get scans, monitors on him, and an IV in his arm. 

"How did you know about Gold being my birth father?" Dream asked, making Emma stop pacing to look at the girl. "Archie... He told me that Hook might go after you until I just found out from Gold that you knew they were here." Emma said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" Emma asked her when Dream looked over at Hook.

"Would you have believed me? You didn't believe my mom..." Dream said, making Emma sigh.

Emma went to say something, but Hook started to wake up. Hook stirred awake, grunting from the pain in his side when he looked at Dream, who gave him a small smile. "Where's Cora?" Emma asked, making Hook turn to look at her slowly. "What?" He asked, sighing when he tried to move before noticing handcuffs that detained him. "Again? You're really into this, aren't you?" Hook smirked, looking at Emma, making Dream roll her eyes, turning her head from the pirate. "That hurts..." He winced when he tried to move.

"Told you. You cracked a few ribs." Dream said, looking back at him when she moved to adjust his blanket.

"Where's Cora?" Emma repeated, walking closer to the hospital bed.

Hook ignored Emma, turning his attention to Dream, who adjusted David's jacket that he gave her since she was cold and in her pajamas. When she woke up from the nightmare or vision she did not know at this point, she called Emma and rushed to the town line, forgetting that she was in a red tank top and pink, fluffy pajama pants with apples all over them. "You look good, I must say." He smirked at Dream, making her raise her brow at him.

"Answer her... Where's Cora?" Dream said when Hook smirked at her. "All, "Where's Cora," in a commanding voice... Chills." Hook mocked when Emma rolled her eyes this time.

"You have all sorts of sore places I can make you hurt," Emma warned when Hook smirked, looking at her. She went to push on his side, but Hook jerked, making him groan from the pain. Emma smirked, making Hook scoff as he looked between them. "I have no idea where Cora is. Like I told you, she has her own agenda..." Hook said, looking at Dream, making Emma look at her. "Let's talk about something I am interested in, my hook. May I have it back?" Hook asked when Emma looked back at him. "Or is there another attachment you'd prefer?" Hook smirked, looking at Dream, watching her cheeks turn red.

"You're awfully chipper for a guy who failed to kill his enemy," Emma said with her arms crossed over her chest. "Then got hit by a car." Dream added, looking between the two.

"Well, my ribs may be broken, but everything else is still intact..." Hook smirked, making Dream stand up. She felt really flustered every time he made a comment like that. She would just replay the two of them kissing on his ship in her mind. She would never admit that he was her first kiss, but something about him made her brain go fuzzy, and her palms felt sweaty. She had never felt like this before, so everything was so new. "...which is more than could be said for other bad days I've had. Plus, I did some quality damage to my foe." Hook said, wincing as he tried to move himself up in the bed.

"You hurt Belle." Emma scoffed at him.

"I hurt his heart... Belle's just where he keeps it. He killed my love. I know the feeling." Hook said when Emma sighed, moving to lean on the handrails of the bed. "Keep smiling, buddy. You're chained down; he's on his feet... immortal... has magic, and you hurt his girl. Not to mention the control you have manipulating his daughter. If I were to pick dead guy of the year, I'd pick you." Emma said when he gave her a sarcastic smile, which she returned. "Come on... Mary Margaret was supposed to bring you reasonable clothes." Emma said, looking at Dream, who stood behind her. Emma walked out when Dream glanced at Hook before heading back to the waiting room with the others.

~season 2, episode 12: "In the Name of the Brother"~

~1004 words~