Page 21: The Beginning of Captain Hook:

*Present Day*

Dream headed to a stream when she went to get some water. She kept looking at the bracelet around her wrist. She thought about Storybrooke. The place where she called home for so many years. She believed for nineteen years that her father was a good man who died from a heart attack when she was a baby. Only to learn that he died many, many years ago. And the man who was like her father, who raised her, was under the control of her mother and died because her mother crushed his heart. She spent her life never noticing that the town she grew up in was frozen in time, that everyone was miserable. That her mother lied to her for nineteen years. She was born from a rose, and now... Now she was in the Enchanted Forest, trying to use a magic portal to get home.

"Dream? Come on, let's go." 

Dream turned to look at Mary Margaret, who got her attention. "I'm coming." Dream said before heading back to them.

*Hundreds of Years Ago*

The next day at dawn, Captain Jones walked over to the spot he was told to meet at. The same spot where he was last night. A sword dropped next to him, making him look at the top of the stone arch in front of him. 

"Pick it up, dearie, and let's begin," Rumple said, sitting happily on the top of the wall.

"There's no need." The captain said, going to get his sword, but, like magic, it was gone.

"Sorry. But killing a man with his own sword was just too delicious to pass up." Rumple smirked, appearing behind the pirate. The captain bent down to pick up the other sword before the two began to sword fight. However, Rumple was still using magic to get the upper hand. "Ships that pass in the night. Well, at least one ship." Rumple taunted before they continued to fight. Rumple was winning, and he stopped when the captain dropped his sword. Captain Jones reached for it, but Rumple stood on it, holding his sword at the pirate, who slowly looked up.

"Go on. I'm ready for the sword." Captain Jones sighed while Rumple held the sword under his chin.

"Do you know what it's like to have your wife stolen from you? To feel powerless to stop it? It feels like having your heart ripped from your chest. Actually, let me show you!" Rumple said, moving his sword before he shoved his hand into the captain's chest.

"Stop!"

Rumple turned when it was like seeing a ghost from his past. "Milah?" He asked when he looked shocked, still holding onto the captain's heart. "Milah!" He scoffed, removing his hand from the pirate's chest.

Milah looked shocked at the scene and worried when the captain fell to the ground. "How?" Rumple asked, slowly walking towards Milah. "Milah, you have to run." Captain Jones warned her, making her look at him. "No. I'm not leaving without you." Milah said to him, making Rumple scoff at the interaction.

"Oh, how sweet. It appears there's more to this tale than I know. Tell it to me, Milah!" 

"Please, don't hurt him! I can explain!" Milah tried to plead with him, but his heart was darkened beyond return.

 "Tick-tock, dearie, tick-tock," Rumple demanded, making Milah sigh at him. 

"That first night, when Killian and his crew came into the tavern, he told stories about the places he'd been. And I fell in love with him." Milah said when Rumple took his sword, pressing it into the captain's side, making him wince in pain. "I didn't mean for it to turn out this way... I didn't know how to tell you the truth. I'm sorry." Milah sighed, apologizing for the mess she had created.