Page 13: Cora, Regina's Mother:

Soon enough, Dream was taken to the pit. "Ow..." Dream sighed when the guys were rough, letting her fall to the ground. "Dream, are you okay?" Emma asked, helping Dream sit up.

"Yeah... Looks like those refugees are not very kind." Dream scoffed, dusting off her sweater. "You..." Dream said, looking up to see Cora.

"You know each other?" Emma asked, staying by her mother's side when Dream looked scared at the sight of Cora.

"I don't believe we have met... I'm--"

"Cora... I know." Dream said when Emma and Cora looked at her, confused. "You know me?" Cora asked when she raised her brow at the girl. "Not exactly." Dream sighed when she looked worried.

"And you are?" Cora asked her when she looked nervous.

"Dre--" Dream went to say, but she stopped, looking at Mary Margaret. "Is she okay?" Dream asked, but she kept glancing at Cora, the woman she heard bad things about. "Yes," Cora said, looking at the girl, who looked so familiar to her, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

"You sure she's gonna be okay?" Emma asked when Cora leaned down, checking Mary Margaret's head for injuries. "Don't worry. She'll be fine." Cora said, standing up while Emma helped fix Dream's bandage that moved from them, throwing her into the pit.

"You okay, Dream?" Emma asked, watching the poor girl wince as Emma adjusted the bandage. "Yeah..." Dream sighed before Emma stood up, helping Dream stand.

"Dream... That's a beautiful name." Cora smiled, making Dream look at her. 

"Thanks..." Dream said, glancing at Emma.

"How did your mother come up with it?" Cora asked when Emma didn't understand how Dream knew her or why Cora was asking so many questions. "She said that I was her dream come true. Because she didn't think she could have children." Dream said when Emma scoffed to herself. 

"Didn't know your mother was that cliche..." Emma scoffed a bit, earning a sigh from Dream. "What is this place? Where are we?" Emma asked, looking at Cora.

"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven," Cora said, while Emma and Dream looked up, seeing a hold in the pit that looked up to the sky.

"Haven?" Emma asked, looking back at Cora.

"From what?" Dream asked her.

"The world's dangerous. What's left of it, anyway..." Cora said when she looked at the younger girl, who had familiar, long brunette hair that stopped halfway down her back. She reminded Cora of someone, but she didn't want to admit it just yet. "Well, they can't keep us down here. We didn't do anything wrong." Emma said, making Dream scoff a bit to herself, looking up at the hole.

"Yeah, we just brought a wraith here... crashed into a palace... and then Mary Margaret decided to knee a princess getting us locked down here." Dream rambled when Emma sighed. "I'm just saying." Dream shrugged, looking back at Emma.

"Neither did I," Cora spoke up, making the two girls look at her.

"Then why are you here?" Dream asked, not believing her. "I'm here because of something my daughter did." Cora sighed when Dream furrowed her brows. "The curse that ravaged this land? She cast it." Cora said, making Emma look shocked.

"Regina? You're Regina's mother?" Emma asked, looking at Cora.

"Yes..." Cora nodded when Emma turned to Dream. "That's how you knew... You knew she was your grandmother?" Emma asked when it was Cora's turn to look shocked.

"Grandmother? You're Regina's daughter... Regina had a beautiful little girl. Oh... You look just like her." Cora gushed when she moved to get closer to Dream, but Dream backed up. "So... Your mother has told you about our past... My dear, you have nothing to fear from me. The apple fell far from the tree like I assumed it was with you." Cora said as Dream looked between Cora and Emma. "You're from over there, aren't you?" Cora asked, changing her gaze to Emma. "How'd you get back?" Cora asked her, but before Emma could answer, Mary Margaret woke up.

"Emma. Dream." Mary Margaret said when Emma moved, seeing that Mary Margaret was rubbing the back of her head. "No..." She sighed, seeing Cora, who looked thrilled to see her.

"Oh, Snow, you're awake. I'm so relieved." Cora smiled when Mary Margaret moved to look at Emma and Dream.

"As bad as you think Regina is, this woman is worse." Mary Margaret said to the two when Cora watched her granddaughter look scared and nervous. "Oh, Snow." Cora sighed when Mary Margaret turned to face her but moved to block Cora from Emma and Dream. "Sweet Snow, please believe me. Whatever she told you isn't true. I just want to help you... And hopefully, get to know my beautiful granddaughter." Cora smiled when she glanced at Dream.

"Let's hear her out," Emma whispered to her mother. "Emma." Mary Margaret sighed, not looking away from Cora. "Okay. Right now, we're at the bottom of a hole with no other options. And Henry is back in Storybrooke with Regina." Emma continued to whisper to her mother, but Cora could still hear her.

"Who's Henry?" Cora asked Emma when Emma ignored the look she got from Dream.

"My son. I kind of share him with Regina. It's complicated." Emma, kind of, explained to Cora. "You gave him up, and Mom adopted him. It's not that complicated." Dream scoffed when she and Emma looked at each other.

"Don't talk to her!" Mary Margaret said, turning to look at the girls.

"Enough!"

The four women looked up to the hole, seeing a man. He threw down a rope, causing them to move back. "Our leader requests an audience." The man said to them, letting Emma, Mary Margaret, and Dream out of the pit, leaving Cora.

~season 2, episode 3: "Lady of the Lake"~

~952 words~