Page 6: Henry's Castle:

The next morning, Emma woke up in a cell after crashing her car when she saw a wolf before she got to the town line. She woke up, hearing whistles, when she looked at a man in the other cell. 

"What are you looking at, sister?" The man asked, sounding grouchy.

"Hey, Leroy, manners." 

Emma stood up, seeing an older man outside of the cells. "We have a guest." The man continued when Emma noticed his Italian accent. "So, you are Henry's mother?" The man continued to ask, looking at Emma. "How lovely for him to have you back in his life... If only his sister, Dream, could have her father back in her life." The man continued as Emma rubbed her temples.

"Actually, I was just dropping him off," Emma sighed, rubbing her head.

"Don't blame you. They're all brats. Who needs them?" Leroy scoffed when he continued to sit on the bed in the other cell. 

"Well, I'd give anything for one. My wife and I... we tried for many years, but it was not meant to be." The older man continued when Emma looked up, seeing that he had a name tag like Leroy. His name tag said, "Marco."

"Well, cry me a river." Leroy scoffed when Marco sighed, looking at Graham's desk to see a picture of him, Henry, and Dream, when the kids were little.

"Leroy, if I'm gonna let you out, you need to behave," Graham said, walking in while he moved to unlock Leroy's cell door. "Put on a smile and stay out of trouble." Graham continued to say as Leroy walked out, putting on a fake smile.

"Seriously?" Emma asked, moving to hold onto the bars.

Before closing Leroy's cell, Graham smiled when he moved over to Emma. "Regina's drinks are a little stronger than we thought." Graham chuckled, making Emma sigh. 

"I wasn't drunk. A wolf was standing in the middle of the road." Emma explained, making Graham nod, holding back any laughter or sarcasm. 

"A wolf. Right..." Graham said, making Emma sigh.

"Graham?"

Graham and Emma turned at the sound of Regina's voice when they saw Regina walking in, with Dream following behind. "Henry's run away again. He snuck out while Dream was getting ready. We have to--" Regina stopped when she saw Emma in the cell. "What is she doing here? Do you know where he is?" Regina asked, walking over to the cell as Dream stood by one of the desks.

"Lady, I haven't seen him since I dropped him at your house. And... A pretty good alibi." Emma sighed when Regina scoffed to herself.

"I headed into work... Dream was supposed to take him to school. But when she checked on him, he wasn't in his room this morning." Regina sighed when Emma looked between her and Dream. 

"Did you try his friends?" Emma asked when Dream sighed, rubbing her arm.

"He doesn't really have any." Dream sighed when she looked at Regina. 

"He's kind of a loner," Regina said, still looking at Emma. 

"Every kid has friends," Emma said when she looked at Dream.

"Not really... We just have each other." Dream said as Emma nodded when she saw Dream's nervousness.

"Did you check his computer? If he's close to someone, he'd be emailing them." Emma said, making Regina scoff a bit. 

"And you know this how?" Regina asked her, sounding harsh and impatient. 

"Finding people's what I do. Here's an idea. How about you guys let me out, and I'll help you find him?" Emma suggested when Regina and Graham returned to Regina's house, while Dream said she had to return to work.

Regina was so caught up with finding Henry that she did not realize it was Dream's day off. Regina tried to give her children a little bit of space so Dream was able to leave for her own search for Henry. She knew exactly where he was. 

Dream heading down to the docks. She went down a ramp before heading to an area above the beach. Henry was sitting at the wooden castle playhouse, or "his castle," as he and Dream called it. 

Dream climbed up, sitting next to her brother. "You left this in my room..." Dream said, handing Henry his book. 

After Dream overheard what Emma said, she asked Henry what he thought about his book. Dream learned that he thought Emma was the Savior, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. Regina was the Evil Queen. And that Dream was the story of Thumbelina that wasn't in the book, but Dream's obsessions with roses lead him to believe that she was. 

"Still hasn't moved, huh?" Dream asked when she followed his gaze to the clock tower that hadn't moved in years.

"I was hoping that when I brought Emma back, things would change here. That the final battle would begin." Henry said, leaning on his sister's shoulder.

"I don't think no one is gonna be fighting any battles, kiddo." Dream sighed, leaning her head on his.

"Yes, she is. She's here because it's her destiny. She's gonna bring back the happy endings." Henry said, moving his head to look at Dream. 

"Happy endings? I don't know about happy endings..." Dream sighed when Henry moved to grab her hand.

"You are just pushing the thought of happy endings away because of your dad... But, Dreamy... Emma will bring all the happy endings, and you will have one, too." Henry said when Dream smiled at Henry. 

"Well, I hope so." Dream smiled, kissing the top of his head. "Maybe I could end up with a handsome prince or sailor? Maybe live in a castle? Or maybe travel the world on a ship?" Dream smiled when Henry shook his head, chuckling at his sister. Dream looked up to see Emma walking over when Henry followed her gaze. "I'll let you two talk." Dream said as she moved, heading to wait in her car while Henry and Emma talked. 

This was only the beginning.

~season 1, episode 1: "Pilot"~

~987 words~