Chapter Six - The plan

None of this made sense

None of this made sense. Vera and Luke had taken me to the leaders themselves for a better explanation of the next phase of the so-called "plan".

The leaders were the original seven. They consisted of: Easton, Louis, Aaron, Arya, Alexandria, Caroline, and Lucas. They were the ones who formed the organization, and we have been thriving since. The originals found us an underground hideaway. But now that our location had been released to the Royals, they had taken everyone in the organization to an emergency hideaway. One they had built years ago just in case this very problem occurred.

It was an underground tunnel. There was only one entry and exit. There were multiple different rooms and stairs leading up higher, but it was a tight fit. As Vera, Luke, and I made our way to the staircase, many strangers pushed past trying to get through mumbling an apology before rushing through the crowd once again. The only open space in the entire tunnel was the main area, even though it was full of people, it was the only breathable spot.

As we made our way up the stairs to the top floor, a question popped up into my head.

"Vera?" I said as I tried my best to catch up to her. She was almost a full six steps in front of me.

"Yeah V?" She turned her head to face me but continued walking.

"Were you the one that drugged me?" I said as calmly as I possibly could.

"How did you know? I mean I tried to be as discreet as possible. What gave me away?" A slight grin appeared on her face.

I smiled back and said, "Your hair was peeking out. You're probably the only person here with bright red hair." Luke and Vera both laughed.

We continued in silence, moving to the left and back to the right when someone was speeding down the stairs.

After an agonizing 10 minutes, we finally made it to the originals office. Vera knocked and then stepped back. The door flung open, almost hitting Luke in the face. Arya stared at us for a beat before ushering us inside.

The room was large. No, it was enormous and chaotic. Office desks were everywhere, bookshelves overflowing with books and magazines, papers flying in all different directions, people barking orders into phones. There were big metal doors a few paces in front of them, I guess that was where the originals were tucked away.

"Hi! What's up guys?" She said awfully loudly. Arya was always bubbly and loud. It did get annoying sometimes, but it was tolerable. Her green and pink hair was neatly parted, and each side was braided. Her eyes went from Vera, then to Luke, before finally landing on me.

"Oh, my sweet girl! Are you alright?" She pulled me into a tight embrace. I succumbed to her and hugged her back. A hug was all I needed at this point. With everything going on, I just needed a minute of serenity.

"I'm alright, thank you." I answered back. She let go and walked through the big metal doors behind her.

I began biting my nails. Vera looked in my direction, gently tilting her head as she studied me. I shoved my hands in my pockets to stop myself before my nails were gone completely.