Chapter Nineteen - Stay away.

I paced the lounge area; I had gone white with fear when I saw Victoria fall

I paced the lounge area; I had gone white with fear when I saw Victoria fall. Victoria hadn't woken up yet, she blacked out but before she could fall, I caught her head and carried her to her bed.

It was me; I triggered the panic attack. Me, her former lover, her former everything, had triggered a goddamn panic attack. So severe that she had passed out. It made me sick to my stomach, I had thrown up my dinner after Davina ushered me out of the room. Addilyn, Luna and Davina were in Victoria's room while the guys were thrown out. Elijah was reading his book on the sofa; Harrison was staring at the floor, and I was pacing back and forth.

I was never getting Victoria back; my hopes had been crushed. We had been crushed. Everything. All the memories, gone. All the love, gone. All the care, gone.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, I quickly wiped it away and went to grab a glass of cold water. It was still pouring outside, I couldn't leave yet, otherwise I'd be drenched. I wanted to leave so badly, nothing would fix this, I had broken everything, it was best if I just stayed away from Victoria for a couple weeks. Kai and Madeline can talk with them, I need to stay away.

Nobody had talked to me, they all offered me apologetic glances but nothing more. I didn't need any pity or sympathy, so I wasn't complaining.

I downed the water in one gulp and threw the glass into the sink. My head was spinning, and my thoughts were so confusing. Part of me was sympathetic, part of me didn't care. I should care, I should be in that room right now by her side, but the fear in her eyes when she looked up at me had disintegrated the caring side of me. I need to go; I need to leave before I lash out.

Just as I was about to leave the kitchen and grab my things, Elijah walked in and sat down on one of the island stools.

"Hey Ace, can we talk?" Elijah asked.

"Um, sure?" I was uncertain of what this talk would be about. Another lecture? Soothing words? Kicking me out?

"She was really excited to see you, I'm telling you. She was skipping through the halls, and I had seen her smile for the first time in days. I'm not sure what happened, I guess the trauma of that one night finally got to her. Not the greatest impression, but don't be too hard on yourself." He said as sympathetically as possible.

"I should be though, it's my fault she's in this state Elijah. I understand where you're coming from, but what happened in that room was something entirely different. I had kissed her, she had kissed me back, passionately. Then she pulled away, and she moved away from me. Then she started breathing weirdly, her entire body began to shake, then she started clawing at her neck. I tried my best to comfort her, but whenever she looked at me, her eyes widened in fear. All I saw was fear. Fear of me." I said the last part rather quietly, hoping he didn't hear.

"How do you know she's afraid of you? What if something else had happened before your stunt?" He intertwined his fingers and placed them on the counter. His eyes narrowed as he studied every part of me. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.