Chapter Twenty Nine - Spying

Davina had sent in a bunch of information on different Blue Warehouses spread out across Elisora

Ace and I were sitting on our bed trying to separate the further warehouses, and the ones that were a pretty close walk or drive from the castle and where the street stalls were set up that day.

All of these warehouses had something to do with the colour blue. Either they were drenched in a vibrant blue, or a part of them was blue.

It felt like something was wrong with these, but maybe it's just paranoia.

"Where do you think we should go first?" Ace asked.

"Hmm, I think we should check out the ones closest to the castle. We'll just watch them for a couple hours and try to see if there's any suspicious activity going on on the inside or on the outside."

"And if there is?" He looked up at me but I kept my head down and continued looking through all the pictures we had printed out in a nearby library.

"I'm not sure, maybe we'll go straight in if it doesn't have a lot of security, but if there's a lot of security and we still have time, we will just have to wait it out and maybe call the team for backup."

He nodded and continued looking through his pile of photos.

It was a tiny bit awkward between us now. The more I replayed his words in my head, the more confused I got.

'Everything about you drives me insane.'

I shouldn't be thinking about this right now, Kai is in trouble, and we really need to save him before it's too late.

"Alright let's head out." Ace said. He grabbed all the photos that were sitting in front of him and got off the bed.

"Okay. Which one are we going to first?"

"I think we should check out this one." He pointed at the picture on top of his pile. "It's about a ten minute walk away from the castle and one street away from where the venders had set up their stalls."

I nodded and handed Ace my pile of photos. He took them and walked toward the desk while I went to the closet to grab our shoes and coats out.

Ace came up behind me and took his things from my hands. I shrugged on my coat and then slipped into my shoes.

"Do you want to drive or should I?" Ace asked from beside me.

"I'm not the best at driving right now so you can."

He laughed and then continued tying his shoelaces.

I scoffed and stood up. I flicked his ear and walked toward the door.

"That hurt."

"Good." I unlocked the door and walked outside. It was chilly today. I could see small snowflakes falling from the sky.

"Okay, ready?" I said over my shoulder.

"Of course. Let's go." He double checked the lock before we made our way to the stairs.

++++

I shimmied up the drainpipe while Ace followed. We were making our way up to the opposite side of the warehouse Ace had chosen.

"Almost there! You alright?" I shouted down to Ace.

"Yep! Doing fine." He shouted back.

I tried to suppress my smile and continued up the pipe.

Once I reached the roof, I swung my leg over the ledge and pulled myself up. I took a couple deep breaths before laying on my stomach and reaching down to pull Ace up.

"Good?" I asked as he plopped down next to me and caught his breath.

"Feeling awesome, Toria." He said sarcastically.

I patted his shoulder and crawled toward the other side of the roof. We had used a drainpipe that was behind the building we were on right now. The warehouse was situated in front of this building.

It was blue alright. A very bright blue.

"What exactly does this warehouse hold?" I squinted and tried to get a better view of the crates being carried inside.

"Weapons. Blue weapons to be specific."

Ace made his way to the front of the roof and sat next to me. We were both laying on our stomachs, so we had to make sure we won't exposing too much or our heads.

"Why would they need the money though? They seem to be thriving."

"Not sure. I'm still trying to figure out why the abductors would need the money in the first place as well."

I took in a deep breath and continued taking in everything about the warehouse.

There was a huge car park in front of the warehouse, but no cars were parked. Trucks came in and out of it though.

Workers walked out of multiple doors to take in specifically labelled crates and boxes. They all wore the same uniform and didn't show a slight bit of irritation or agitation.

"Looks pretty normal to me Ace."

He hummed in response. I turned to look at him and saw him staring straight ahead at the warehouse. His eyes were narrowed, and his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration.

"How long do you think we should stay here for?" I asked, bringing my attention back to the warehouse.

"An hour or so. Then we can move on."

"Okay."

And then we lapsed into a silence while observing the damned warehouse.