Chapter Twenty Seven - Stand by his side.

I had completely forgotten about Ace

I had completely forgotten about Ace. I had promised to contact him as soon as I could, but we got caught up trying to figure out what Easton could be doing.

It was so confusing considering Easton hated the Royals. He had been plotting against the both of them for years. Years.

We had been sitting at the dining table coming up with possibilities when there was a loud knock on the door. It was pretty late for visitors, but Elijah stood up anyways and over to the door. He looked through the peep hole and then opened the door.

Ace stood in the doorway panting. He stared at us before trudging inside.

"Ace? Are you alright?" Davina asked.

"Kai's been kidnapped."

A stone dropped into the depths of my stomach.

A crash of glass from the kitchen interrupted my thoughts. I tore my eyes away for a second to see what had happened. Harrison stood there with glass and water surrounding his feet. He was staring blankly at the mess before he stepped over the glass and walked toward his room. 

Harrison was acting weird, but I ignored it.

I immediately shot up from my chair and started toward Ace.

"What the hell happened?"

He took a deep breath before moving around me and sitting on the sofa. He put his head in his hands and said, "I don't know, Victoria. He had told my mother about his sexuality, then I think my father found out and he bolted out of the castle. I followed after him, but eventually gave up and thought he needed some time alone."

I sat down next to him while the other surrounded us. As much as I hated him, I needed to stand by his side and help him.

His hands were trembling, and he had beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. I placed a hand on his shoulder, and he tensed.

"Hold on, why on earth would you tell Amelia?" Elijah said, I shot him a glare and he simply shook his head.

"Well, she had taken me to a separate room yesterday and told me not to go through with the mission. I asked her how she knew about it, and she told me she would explain another day. We figured she was on our side, that she hated our father as well, but she didn't want us to risk our lives. I guess she hated the system as much as we did, but I don't think she liked the way the mission was going to be played out."

I let out a breath and said, "That's so weird because when we visited HQ, Easton told us to not kill Amelia, and that we need to leave her to him. Somehow, this is all linked. We've been trying to figure it out for a couple hours, but we can't put our finger on it."

"Do you think they're related or something?" Addilyn asked.

"I don't know, but we need to focus on finding Kai first. Ace, did anything else happen after that?"