Chapter Eleven - Dancing in the rain

"So how are we going to contact Victoria?" Madeline asked as she started fluffing up her pillows

"I tried sending her an email, but with everything that happened... I doubt she'll answer or even decide to open it." I huffed before sitting back down on the windowsill.

Kai was extremely quiet when we told him the assassination plan and what really happened with Victoria. He was still silent and was staring down at the floor.

"Kai? You alright? You haven't said anything the entire time." Madeline asked. She reached up and dragged Kai down, so he was sitting next to her. He took a deep breath and turned to look at me. Worry was written all over his face.

"What will people say about us Ace? We are going to kill our own parents. I'm not sure if I can participate in this. Our reputation will be destroyed." He murmured.

"Kai, three quarters of the city would be cheering for us. They are living in the slums barely getting by with the living conditions. The test our parents have implemented on Elisora is draining, it is a disgusting annual event that is unfair, and we need to put a stop to it." I said with as much determination as I could muster.

"Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just scared. I mean I'm meant to be next in throne, how will people think if they have a gay King? What will the rich people think about our parents' deaths? Will they rebel?"

"Let them, they'll finally realise what other people who weren't as fortunate as them had to go through. We need equality in Elisora, the social structure of our city is crumbling, and we will all go down it too. We will always have someone rebelling against our plan, but they won't be able to make a dent in the new foundation we are building."

"Okay... enough of this power talk. We need a break. And I mean a real break. Where we can be carefree and forget about power and tests and The Sinister Seven." Madeline drawled. She never liked to talk about rebellions and the more ominous side of our city due to her parents fleeing.

"Okay what do you have in mind Mads?" Kai said, a small smile creeping across his face.

The sound of rain pattered against Madeline's window. I looked out the window, the sun was setting below the horizon. The sky was painted in faint pinks and purples. It was a beautiful sight.

"What if we danced in the rain?" I suggested, still looking out the window.

"Yes! Oh my god that's a great idea!" Madeline chirped as she grabbed Kai's hand and dragged him out the door. She called out to me, and I walked over to the door, slowly shutting it behind me.

We speed walked to the elevator bay, Madeline jabbed the button before coming back to us and standing in between us. She was humming to herself, bouncing on her heels.

The elevator opened and we ran out into the main lounge area. A lot of maids and guards were startled by our arrival but brushed us off and went back to their duties. We dashed through the hallways before finally making it to the huge glass doors that let us outside into the backyard.

She looked at me, I gave her a quick nod and she flung the doors open running outside. I looked at Kai, he shrugged before running toward Madeline.

Soon, we were all dancing in the rain, not a care in the world. I felt myself smile for once in weeks.

a/n: The next few chapters will be coming in the next few days. Stay tuned and thank you for reading! :) Quick thank you to all my friends for helping me through this, love you all :)