Chapter Thirty Six - Let's do this.

The front door flew open

The front door flew open. Addilyn strutted inside, Elijah, Davina, Harrison, Luna, and Asher trailed close behind her.

Ace and I were still in bed. I don't think I've slept that well in weeks. We were still tangled up with each other when they walked in.

"Luna! Luna look! I told you!" Elijah frantically tapped Luna's shoulder, his eyes were still on Ace, and I who were scrambling to get up and ready.

Luna groaned and reached into her bag. She pulled out a ten dollar note and shoved it in Elijah's face. He squealed in excitement and snatched the note away.

"You guys bet on us?" I asked. I slowly got off Ace's chest and walked over to the closet so I could grab Ace and I's clothes.

"We were bored." Elijah said with a shrug. I laughed and strolled into the bathroom.

"We will only be a second!" I yelled out.

"We?" Ace said from behind me.

"I mean, if you don't want to change in the same room as me, you can wait outside until I'm done."

He laughed and walked into the bathroom. He shut the door and locked it, I handed him his clothes and pulled my shirt off along with my pants. I didn't hear anything from behind me, so I turned around and found Ace staring at me.

"Are you going to change or just stare?" I put my hands on my hips and smirked.

"You're so beautiful." He stepped closer and took a hold of my hips. I wrapped my hands around his neck and stared at him, batting my eyelashes.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?" I twisted out of his grip and bent down to grab my clothes from the floor.

"Damn it, Victoria."

I giggled while I pulled on the rest of my clothes. Ace did the same, and once we were finished, he grabbed my hand, spun me around and kissed me.

I grabbed his cheeks and deepened the kiss. He pulled away and stared at me for a beat.

"God, you are driving me mad."

"It's my job to do so handsome, now, come on we need to rescue my favourite Rossi."

It was like the world crumbled when those words left my mouth. He turned an odd pale colour, his facial expression softened and the smile that was on his lips left within seconds.

I guess we had both been distracting ourselves for the time being, since we were helpless and just thinking about Kai sucked the life out of us.

I wrapped my hands around his waist and held him firmly.

"It's going to be fine. We are all going to walk out of that warehouse in one piece with Kai. I promise, Ace."

He kissed the top of my head, wrapped his arms around my shoulders and embraced me. He was like a human furnace, even in the dead of night when the cold was insufferable, he kept me exceptionally warm.