Chapter Fifteen - Changed?

The giddiness had returned to my body

The giddiness had returned to my body. I was skipping down the hallways, waving and saying hello overly enthusiastically at maids and guards.

I reached Madeline's room at exactly 6:10 pm. I knocked and stepped back. Madeline opened the door and pulled me inside. Kai was sitting on the bed eating the pizza I assumed Madeline had brought up with her.

"Where were you? I said 6pm!" Madeline asked.

"Sorry, I was calling Victoria. Good news, she's agreed to see me." I smiled before walking over to Madeline's desk and plopping down on her soft chair.

"Really? No way man, you're lying." Kai said with a mouthful of pizza.

"Swallow before you talk, Kai, and I don't think he's lying. He's got the biggest grin on his face." She smiled at me before handing me a plate of pizza, which I took happily.

"So, where are you two going to meet? A hotel?" Kai said in a sing-song voice.

"Kai, don't make it dirty." I looked at him before smirking.

"What do you mean?"

"Well basically when a man-"

"Nope. No talks about it." Madeline quickly covered my mouth and turned back around to gather rubbish.

"But seriously, where and what is going to happen?"

"We are meeting at Cosmic Café, at around two in the afternoon."

"Wipe that smile off your face, she probably hates your guts right now. I'm surprised she even called you back." Madeline said.

"True, but I could smooth things over with her."

"Bro, you broke her heart. Don't know if she'll actually come alone."

My smile faded. It was replaced with a frown, my eyebrows furrowed, and I slumped in my chair. I had told myself that she wasn't angry with me, that something could change, that something was still there. I had my expectations way too high, so high that once they were brought down to the reality of the situation, I felt useless.

"Ace, it's going to take a while, I'm sure she still has something for you. You never know."

"Yeah... but enough about my love life. What's going on with you Kai? You were talking to someone on the phone the other day." I glared at him and gave him a wry smile.

"We ended it a couple days ago, he told me he had fallen out of love with me."

"What? Are you alright? You didn't tell us?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I didn't really like him anyways, he treated me like crap most of the time anyways. We met once, and he was a greedy pig to say the least." He leaned against Madeline's assortments of fluffy pillows and sighed.