Chapter Twenty - I'm fine

I stormed out of the room, adrenaline and rage pumped through my veins

I stormed out of the room, adrenaline and rage pumped through my veins. Ace was nothing to me anymore. Maybe we'd be something in the future, but now he was nothing.

"Hey, what happened?" Asher asked as I passed the lounge room.

"Stuff, I yelled at him, didn't you hear?" I said as I grabbed a glass of water.

Ace walked out, he waved goodbye to everyone before letting himself out. Nobody objected, the rain had stopped, and he had no reason to stay anymore.

"Oh, we heard. We were contemplating on whether or not we should check on you two, just in case one of you had decided to kill the other one." Addilyn said, a subtle chuckle leaving her mouth.

I jumped over the couch and flopped onto it. I told them everything that happened, I was sure not to miss anything. I didn't care anymore.

No one said anything, they all stared at me like I was infected with some disease, and I had just told them it was contagious. My hands turned into fists again as I remembered the events of the past few days, I couldn't take it anymore. I thought yelling at Ace would get rid of my fury, but it only increased it.

"Take as long as you want to process this. While you do that, I'm going down to the gym." I said as I stood up and walked around the couch and turned into the hallway.

I reached my room and changed into my training clothes, I grabbed my duffel bag and shoved all the necessary items inside. I grabbed a couple towels and threw them inside as well. I brushed my hair and tied it up into a high ponytail.

I strode outside and didn't look twice at anyone, I walked outside and practically ran to the gym that was offered to us as a training room when we first arrived at the High-Rise apartments. Samuel had cleared out the gym for our entire stay, it was off limits to ordinary guests.

It was massive, I had never seen something so big. Targets were on the left, punching bags on the right, treadmills and ellipticals on the further wall, weightlifting machines, and a rack of dumbbells on the further right-side wall. I smiled and threw my bag onto the floor as my eyes skimmed the rooms, searching for my first victim.

+       +       +       +

I was punching one of the punching bags as fiercely as I could. I had forgotten my punching mitts at home, so my knuckles had split open and bled as I continued to destroy the punching bag. My elbow had bruised after I had hit it into one of the targets on the left wall multiple times, I had eventually broken the target and then realised I had obliterated my elbow. I continued punching with the same viciousness I had when I had been screaming at Ace, I envisioned his face as my target. It was petty of me, but who cares?

Sweat beads trickled down my forehead, my entire body was damp, I was so glad I had worn a cropped shirt and leggings.

The gym doors slid open, Davina stepped inside and let her eyes roam around the room until they finally landed on me. She clicked her tongue and walked over to me, she grabbed my fists and spun me around.