Chapter Sixteen - Angel

Harrison had carried me to my room when I had fallen asleep halfway through the movie

Harrison had carried me to my room when I had fallen asleep halfway through the movie. Today was going to be peachy.

I got myself ready and walked into the kitchen. Asher was flipping pancakes while Luna was cutting fruit next to him. Addilyn was sitting on one of the island stools fixing her speaker, Davina and Elijah were watching the News, and Harrison was reading a magazine next to Addilyn.

"Afternoon gorgeous." Luna said.

"Morning everyone." I said as happily as possible.

Asher turned around and ran toward me, he thrusted a plate of pancakes at me.

"Wait!" Luna ran over to us and topped it with whipped cream and a couple pieces of fruit.

"Thanks, you two."

They both beamed at me. Luna's purple hair was carefully braided and draped down her shoulder, Asher, and his beautiful vitiligo with his amber eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

I smiled at them and walked over to the island. I took a seat next to Harrison.

"Soo, V you ready?" Addilyn asked, still focused on the wires of her speaker.

"Eh, I guess so. Seeing him again will probably tear me apart, but you know, it's for the best."

"You don't have to do this Tori; you know that right?" Harrison said.

"Since when are you still calling her Tori?" Elijah asked.

"I've always called her Tori, what do you mean by that?" Harrison whipped his head around and looked directly at Elijah.

"I mean, you two aren't exactly on the same page anymore." Elijah's gaze fell on me before he glared at Harrison.

"People change, Elijah," Davina cut in, "Let's not instigate a fight over nicknames."

Elijah rolled his eyes before flicking through TV channels again. Harrison went back to his magazine, but I could sense the hurt radiating off him. I can tell he really wants to change, but maybe he just doesn't know how too.

"So, who's going to be back up for you?" Davina asked, swiftly changing the subject.

"Not entirely sure, no offense to anyone, but I'm thinking of bringing Elijah, Davina or Harrison. Addilyn, you'd probably be hungry for revenge and muck up the whole 'Get as much information as you can from him' plan. Asher and Luna, you'll probably be doing something stupid, or you'll busy staring into each other's eyes and forget to realise what's actually happening."

Addilyn smirked, Luna and Asher blushed and scooted away from each other.

"Elijah, Harrison and I can come then, if that's alright with you two?" Davina stated.

"Yeah, all good with me." Elijah said through gritted teeth as he stared at Harrison's back.

"Yep, I'm fine with that." Harrison mumbled.