Chapter Eighteen - Kissing?

TW: PANIC ATTACKS

TW: PANIC ATTACKS

"Don't tell me they forgot to buy the sauce." I gritted out as I rummaged through the pantry.

Ace was giggling over near the stove; he was already stirring the spaghetti on the stove.

"You find my struggle amusing huh?" I asked as I walked back over to him with a can of pasta sauce.

"Of course, it's always amusing to me."

I scoffed before turning away and opening the can.

"So, what have you been up to?" He asked. He walked around the counter and sat on the island stool directly in front of me.

"Nothing much, what about you?" I said, trying my best not to look up at him. We had locked eyes multiple times; I couldn't deal with it. It overwhelmed me knowing that now wasn't a great time to be falling in love with Ace all over again.

"Same, I still can't get over the fact that Kai is gay, and he was so scared of it."

I had never met Kai, but Ace had explained very thoroughly that he was a jerk and didn't deserve any recognition. Ace had always had a hatred toward him, he had told me they always avoided each other. It was a sensitive topic most of the time, so I didn't bother to bring it up unless he wanted to talk about it.

"Me neither. I hope you talked to him about it. How's your relationship now?"

He stood up and walked back around the island. He crouched down, opened a cupboard, and started grabbing a couple plates out while I grabbed utensils out.

"Of course, I talked to him, our relationship is so much better now. He's usually always sitting in Madeline's room, and I have told him just about everything going on with us- with Elisora."

I pretended I didn't notice the 'us' because I didn't want things to be awkward. Everything was going great, no point in making it uncomfortable.

"That's awesome, I'm so proud of the both of you. Oh! I almost forgot the garlic bread, it's in the freezer, can you grab it for me?" I quickly grabbed a pan out and placed it on the stove.

"Sure, but I think you know I can't have it."

"And why's that pretty boy?" I smirked at him before snatching the garlic bread from his hands and ripping it open.

"I'm allergic to garlic, remember? I only realised when I had eaten it during a dinner party with the Sinister Seven. Asher had practically forced it down my throat and then I couldn't breathe, and it escalated." He stood next to me and started scooping some pasta into the plates.

I couldn't help but laugh. We had all thought that he wasn't fond of garlic bread, he was allergic!

"What? What are you laughing at?" He was grinning so hard right now, it melted my heart.