Chapter Forty Two - Healing

The past two days have just been Ace and I bundled up in a bunch of blankets on the sofa talking

The past two days have just been Ace and I bundled up in a bunch of blankets on the sofa talking. We've talked about every single thing we haven't had the chance to talk about.

I learnt about Amelia and the Eerie Eight's history too. That whole conversation really blew me away, considering everything, what Amelia is doing is revolutionary.

We talked about our relationship, and other weird things that popped up during those conversations.

The wounds were slowly healing, but I didn't have enough time to wait for them all to heal. We had five days until Kai's birthday party. Five days.

What I did was reckless. I should've thought about it beforehand, but all this bottled up rage had taken over me, and I practically stormed down the streets. I'm surprised I even got out. I had realised the "dead bodies" were just holograms due to the faint shimmer. I faked my reaction for a little longer before lashing out at my attackers and making a run for it.

Everything hurt, but I had dealt with much worse. It was tolerable, and I had to tolerate it if I wanted the mission to go smoothly. I needed to start getting myself in shape. I needed to practice doing normal training with all these wounds.

The cuts were scabbing and closing up, the bruises were fading, and the colour of my skin was coming back. The only problem was the three stab wounds I had. The one in my shoulder hurt terribly. Anytime I angled my arm wrong, sharp pains shot through my entire body.

Ace was doing his best to help me hobble around the apartment. The stab wound in my thigh ached. Usually, he gave up and carried me to wherever I needed to go. It was really sweet of him. He was constantly checking my wounds, cleaning, and re-bandaging them every single day. Sometimes just checking them in case of infections.

Madeline had told him everything he needed to know. She couldn't come back to check on me for a couple days due to Kai's celebration. She was helping Amelia and Kai decorate and plan everything. Speaking of Kai, he did come over once to check in and say hello to Harrison. He didn't stay for very long since Amelia was impatiently waiting outside the building, waiting for him to come back outside so they could continue shopping for his party.

I really adored their relationship.

"Toria? Do you want something to eat?"

Ace snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hm? Oh, sure. What do we have?" I gripped the counter so I wouldn't fall over. A blanket was wrapped tightly around me since it was still freezing cold during the mornings.

"I can try and make pancakes," He said with a grin.

I shook my head. "Last time you tried, you almost burnt the whole place down."

His laugh echoed through the apartment.

"I'll do it. Get me a pan."

"Toria-"