Chapter Forty Four - Final hours

"Promise?"

"Promise?"

"I promise I won't leave until we have to come to the palace." She caressed my cheek gently. I bent down and kissed the dimple on her cheek. She smiled even bigger, stood on her toes, and attached her mouth to mine. My hands gripped her waist tighter, I smiled against her lips.

"Alright, ready to go Ace?"

I pulled away from Victoria, giving her one last cheeky glance. This was the last time we would see each other before the big event. I wanted to be here with her just in case she did have a panic attack before hand or something worse. She promised she wouldn't leave here either. I knew she wouldn't, but I just had to make sure. I told her I would make those fools pay for what they had done to her after the mission.

If we didn't die that is.

"Yeah, let's head off. Bye Toria, I love you." I kissed her forehead one last time. "I love you too handsome." She whispered into my chest.

I finally let go of her and waved goodbye to the rest of the team. We had gone over the plan another few times beforehand, just in case. But it wasn't as if the plan was replaying over and over in my head anyways.

Kai and I headed out, we said goodbye to the owner, who gave us a smile and a wave.

++++

"God Kai! I told you 2pm sharp! Look at the time! Your party is tomorrow for crying out loud! Come on, time to try one suits. Ace your coming too, I've brought in a tailor."

"Mother, I told you I already have a suit." I raked a hand through my hair and sighed in frustration.

"I don't care Ace! Important people are coming, and I don't want you in one of your old scruffy suits."

"Alright, alright fine. Lead the way."

Kai elbowed in the side, chuckling. I flicked his ear and followed my mother toward the elevator bay.

She clicked the button and took a step back. Kai and I stood behind her while we waited for the elevator to come down. I tapped my foot against the marble floor impatiently, when finally, the elevator dinged, and the doors opened.

My father stepped out. He took one look at all of us standing there together and curled his lip in disgust. His eyes moved from my mother, to me, to Kai. Kai shifted uncomfortably under his gaze, averting his eyes from my father's, and staring at the floor. Even though I told him to stand up straight and with pride, he couldn't no matter how hard he tried. He was way to young for all of this. Way to young.

My father didn't move. His gaze was fixed on Kai and Kai only. So, the only logical thing to do was remove him from the situation. I grabbed Kai's hand and dragged him into the elevator. My mother stepped in with us, I pushed Kai behind me and motioned for my mother to click the level we were going to go to. My father turned around and glared at me, and for once in my life I wasn't afraid to glare right back him.