Chapter Thirty Five - Confessions, kisses and cuddles.

We sat on the edge of the bed

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

We sat on the edge of the bed. Neither of us had said anything to each other for the past ten minutes. Victoria had called Davina, informed her about everything and told her to come to our address at eight tomorrow morning.

Now, with everything sorted, I was left with Victoria and my wild thoughts. They all tangled together and became a huge mess. Kai in the chair and Victoria's reaction to my confession. God, I had been such an idiot. We were just starting to get along when my dumbass blurted it out.

I know I've made her uncomfortable and it breaks my heart. She didn't have an episode for a while and knowing that she just relapsed because of my stupidity makes me feel numb.

I fiddle with my thumbs for a bit, Victoria was hugging her knees whilst staring blankly at a spot on the carpet. We had both had quick hot showers and changed into our pyjamas. It was currently 11:15pm, and I was starving.

"Toria, I'm starving. I'm going to go find some shop that's open, do you want anything?"

"Hm? Oh, no I'm good thanks."

"You haven't eaten anything all day. I'm going to bring you something anyways."

"I'm fine Ace." She said a bit to stubbornly.

I didn't bother giving her a second glance, she hasn't eaten anything proper all day, she has to get something in her system.

I grabbed the keys off the desk, slid into a pair of boots and shrugged my coat on. I pulled open the door and left.

++++

"Alright, so I found a convenient shop open a couple streets down. I got us a couple bottles of water, a bag of chips and surprisingly they also sold dips."

Victoria had crawled into the bed and was scrolling on her phone. She looked up and saw all the food cradled in my arms. She gave me a small smile and slowly climbed out of the bed.

"Thank you." She mumbled quietly as she took the bottles of water from my arms and placed them on the desk.

"We can just eat on the bed."

She nodded and took the rest of the food from my hands. I took my coat and boots off, tossed the keys onto the desk, and walked toward the bathroom to wash my hands.

Victoria had already set everything up on the bed by the time I had finished up in the bathroom. She was sitting cross legged on her side of the bed with her hands in her lap.

"You should've started eating." I said. I sat in front of as she grabbed a chip and dipped it into the dip.

"I don't usually start eating until everyone is ready too." She said through a mouthful.

"Oh yeah. I remember on our first date; you got your food first but didn't want to touch it until mine came out. Eventually we got tired of waiting and shared your bowl of spaghetti."

She chuckled and grabbed another chip. I was trying my best to keep her off the edge, I would gladly be on edge if it meant she would be further away from it. Kai still lingered in my thoughts, but I knew we had to wait for backup, so I was helpless either way. I couldn't stand seeing him in that warehouse, but I couldn't do anything, and it made me feel so worthless.

"Is it true?"

Her random question snapped me out of my misery. "Huh? What's true?" I snatched another chip from the bag.

"Your... confession." She whispered.

I stopped chewing and brought my eyes up to hers. She was staring at me intently, her hands back in her lap.

"Of course, it was. Why wouldn't it be?" I finished chewing. She picked up all the food and stood up, carefully making her way to the desk, and dumping it onto it.

"I don't know, I thought it was just a way for me to calm down. I thought you were lying."

Was that what was on her mind for the past hour? Oh god.

"I would never lie about that Toria. Never ever."

She hesitantly sat back down in front of me. I scooted closer to her and cupped her face.

Bold move.

Extremely bold.

"I love you Victoria Agnello, and I will for the rest of my life. No matter the circumstances, my love for you will never disappear. In fact, it will become stronger every time I see or think of you, just as it has for the past couple of months."

A tear rolled down her cheek, I brushed it away with my thumb and leaned in closer, our noses almost touching.

She didn't flinch or move away.

"I love you too Ace Rossi."

I couldn't even get another breath in before she crashed her lips onto mine. The kiss destroyed every bit of worry in my body. I relaxed at her touch.

I kissed back harder, her hands travelled up into my hair and got tangled in it. I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. Our lips and tongues moved together at a fast pace; it was exhilarating.

I gripped her waist tighter when she slightly tugged on my hair. I picked her up, our mouths still attached, and pushed her up against the headboard. She wrapped her legs around my waist, her hands hooked around my neck.

After a couple more minutes of pure ecstasy, we pulled away from each other and caught our breath.

"Can we go to sleep now? I don't think I've had an actual goodnight's rest without being in your arms. It's always cold too." She said with a smile.

I laughed and replied with, "Just had an intense make out session and that's what you say afterwards?"

She playfully punched me in the shoulder and rolled off the bed. "It was cute though!" I called out as she made her way into the bathroom.

I slipped into the sheets and turned my lamp off. Victoria strolled out and made her way to her side of the bed. She flipped off her lamp switch and crawled into bed with me.

She put her head on my chest, her thigh on my hip and my arms naturally snaked around her waist. I held her, tightly. As if she'd fade into the darkness.

"Goodnight, Angel, I love you." I whispered into her hair. I shut my eyes when I heard her whisper, "Goodnight, Ace, I love you too. Way more though."

Competitive until the end. 

a/n: more action coming soon! thank you for all the reads, votes and comments :)) have a lovely day! 

The Royal Assassinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें