Chapter Fourteen - Toria

We sat in silence

We sat in silence. None of us dared to say anything. We didn't ask where we were going, we didn't talk about the scenery, we didn't talk about anything.

Eventually, we reached our destination and it was huge.

They had gotten us into one of the High-Rise Apartments, only the rich population could step foot into here. How could they afford this? I mean, I'm not saying we didn't have money, we just didn't have this kind of money.

"Woah, this place is humongous." Luna drawled.

"Holy crap, how did we afford this?" I asked, my eyes roaming around every inch of the building. The deep blue windows were immaculate, the sun reflected off it, and it overall looked expensive.

"Easton knows the owner, he used to be a part of the Sinister Seven but eventually moved on but decided to help us in any way he could." Luke said as he shut the car door behind him. He handed our bags to us before locking the car and heading towards the entrance. We all followed close behind him.

The lobby was pristine. A chandelier dangled from the third floor, an intricate design was in place, the diamonds glistened in the fluorescent light. I was so mesmerised by it; I had stopped dead in my tracks. Harrison was walking behind me, he noticed my stop so he pushed me forward, causing me to stumble.

The front desk was a dark red, lined with beautiful gold lines and designs. Three people were stationed behind it. There were a couple black leather couches scattered across the room, but the lobby was empty.

"Hey guys, I emptied the lobby just for you guys." The man at the middle desk said. He looked old; he was tall, but his posture was terrible. His brown hair had a couple strands of grey hair coming in and his forehead had a couple lines and wrinkles.

"Hey Samuel, I'm pretty sure Easton went over everything with you, am I correct?" Vera questioned, slightly tilting her head.

"Yep, I've been informed about everything. I'll show you to your rooms, but first, let me introduce myself. Hello, I'm Samuel, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here at Ethereal Apartments." He gave us a big smile before pivoting and heading toward the elevator bay.

"Guess this is our goodbye then." Vera whispered.

"Already? Aren't you going to head up with us?"

"Can't, it'll draw too much attention to you. I've been seen with the Originals before. Too much trouble." She said simply.

"Oh. Right."

I looked back down and fiddled with my fingers. Vera snatched me and wrapped me into a tight hug. I hugged her back and nuzzled my face into her shoulder. She released me but didn't let go of my forearms.

"Stay safe Victoria. Call me every night. I love you, okay?" She kissed my forehead before finally letting go.

"I will, I love you too." Tears pricked my eyes, but I turned away and rubbed my eyes before they could fall.