Chapter Ten - Loss

"I mean, if he liked me, he would have said something by now

"I mean, if he liked me, he would have said something by now. Right?" Luna asked.

We had walked over to one of the many underground cafés in HQ. When they had first built this humongous hidden HQ, the Originals decided it would be best if they included all the necessary requirements. Cafes, restaurants, apartments, grocery stores etcetera.

"I mean, he could just be nervous? You gotta give it time Luna."

"Time? We've known each other since we were five! I think I've given him enough time V!"

I shrugged my shoulders before laughing. To be completely honest, Luna and Asher were practically made for each other. They fit each other's personalities perfectly and they treated each other right.

Envy racked through my body yet again. Every time something about love was mentioned, my thoughts immediately went straight back to my last moments with Ace. My Ace, not the Royals Ace. We were in my small apartment room, away from all the commotion outside. I had dimmed the lights and slightly opened the balcony sliding doors, letting the light flood in. His head was on my chest, his arms were hugging my waist, and my fingers were gently playing with his gorgeous hair. It was pure tranquillity.

My cheeks became wet. I quickly wiped them before Luna could see, but it was too late. I didn't need to be pitied. I didn't need everyone telling me everything would be alright. I didn't need... I did need Ace. That's all I ever needed. But that need was just crushed by his own goddamn boot.

"Victoria? Are you alright?" Luna whispered. When I didn't answer, she hauled me up onto my feet and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. She pushed her way through the crowd and started up the stairs.

I walked with her, matching her pace. The tears began to blur my vision, but no way in hell would I let them fall. Ace was gone. He wasn't coming back. He was never coming back. Ace is gone. Ace is gone. Ace is gone. Ace is gone. Ace is gone.

I had lost track of where we were going. I stopped in the middle of the hallway. Scowls and frowns surrounded me, but I didn't care. I had finally cracked. The sorrow, the guilt, the loss, the betrayal finally engulfed me. I fell onto my knees and went numb.

Luna ran to me and grabbed my hand. She pulled me up and kept pulling me through the crowd until we had reached a room. Luna frantically knocked on the door, cursing under her breath before knocking aggressively again. She started yelling and the door swung open. Vera stood there, her hair dishevelled and a midriff shirt barely hanging onto her shoulders.

She took one look at me before yanking me into the room and slamming the door shut. The emotion had taken control of my body now. The tears streamed down my face. Vera grabbed me and embraced me in yet another tight hug.

I couldn't deal with any of this anymore. I hadn't had a moment to even consider my grief and loss. It felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing a knife into my heart, tearing it into shreds.