♬ 23 ♬

"This is it, girls... Our last evaluation of the year. We are called the top female trainee group of the company, let's prove to them we're worthy of that title, and let's bring home a contract for Umi!" Nayeon said as we cheered to hype us up for our long-awaited last evaluation.
"I'm nervous... Really nervous"
"I am too, unnie. I really hope we do well, I don't want you to go away" Minah said hugging me.

"Are you girls ready?" Yeona asked us and we all nodded "Ok then go in the room already, we will start soon. Oh and Umi, you've worked really hard. I'm really proud of you" she said hugging me.
We got inside the room where there were already some of the teams.
"Hey girls"
"Hi guys" Nayeon said to the Japanese group who greeted us first.
"How have you been, Umi-chan?"

"I've been practicing hard and I hope I get nice results today. What about you, K senpai?"
"Yeah same for us"
"Oh, Sangwon-ah! Why are you late compared to your teammates?" One of the male trainees asked "Oh I bumped into ENHYPEN, they all wished us good luck" he then sat next to me.
"Especially to you, Umi. Jay hyung, and the others are cheering for you, they said"

"Thanks for telling me, Sangwon! Good luck to you and your team"
"You too" he said getting up and going to his team.
"Here they come..." Haneul said referring to 4 girl trainees, who were known for being talented, yes, but with a peculiar personality.
The girls told me that they were initially a group of 9 girls but they bullied all of the others till they left the company. To be honest I've never talked to them in these 2 months.

"Ok, good morning everyone. Let's go on with our December evaluation. The last of the year and as you may or may not know, we will do some changes to the teams based on this evaluation. Now let's start with the group performances. Female first. Please get ready team 1. We will start in 5 minutes" the staff explained as my team got up and started warming up before getting into our positions.

We first performed choreography and then we performed a song by both singing and dancing to it. For the choreography, we did Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown and for the performance, we did On by BTS.

"Nice job girls, you definitely did better than last month. You chose a really challenging song to perform but your vocals were overall stable. The rap was clear and easy to hear and your energy didn't change throughout the song as it happens to many who choose this song. For the choreography, there were things that could've been done better but it was nice and impactful"

"Nayeon-ssi, I guess it's you who choreographed the song?"
"Ah yes sir, with the help of Umi-ssi and Eunwoo-ssi"
"Great work, great work. Minah-ssi, you have a nice rapping tone just speak louder, don't be so shy. Chaerin-ssi, you improved your dance lines and Umi, Umi, Umi-ssi... What to say? You nailed all of the high notes. Now the next group, please"

After 2 groups it was the turn of those 4 girls and they did like us a choreography and a performance. They danced to Flames by Sia and David Guerra and they performed Boombayah by Blackpink.

I have to admit that they're indeed really good.

Done with the female teams it was the male teams' turn. Finally, it was time for the individual evaluations. We were given the chance to change outfits and most of us did.