♬ 28 ♬

Jay's pov

"Well guys, see you soon! It was nice hanging out again" Umi said about to leave to her dorms.
"Wait Nimi, let me walk you home" Jungwon said.
"There's no need, Won"
"You know I'm not changing my mind"
"Yes, cuz you're a dumbass. You should go with Jay oppa and Jake and go rest"

"Bye hyung-deul! See you at the dorms!" he said waving at us, then taking one of the plastic bags from her hand and leaving us.
"Well, Jungwon is old enough and he knows where he lives, no need to worry. Let's go as well, I'm hungry" Jake said.
"Jake"
"Hm?"
"Do you think that... They like each other?"

"Nah bro! They're just best friends. Jungwon knows about it, he'd never do that to you" he said laughing.
"Yeah maybe you're right"
"Jay, you know? You seem really into her and that has been for a while... Won't you ever confess?"
"Confess? We're idols, we can't date! Plus, she's now a trainee"
"You perfectly know how many date while being trainees or idols. Just admit it, you're scared to ask her out" he said teasing me.

"It's not that, Jake. We are rookies, we debuted 3 months ago and she's trying to achieve her dream as well. I don't want to be a distraction to her or a burden to our group if something happens"
"Yeah I understand your point of view... So what are you gonna do?"
"I guess I'll wait for a better time"

Umi's pov

"So?"
"What? Why are you looking at me like that, huh?"
"What you said in the practice room"
"Yeah I don't know, like- When we did that duet my heart kept beating so hard, especially whenever he smiled at me or made eye contact. It never happened with anyone I've danced with"
"So you really like him?"
"I guess so... But I don't think it's the same for him"

"What made you think that?"
"Remember? I heard him saying that he likes someone already"
"But you don't know who he was talking about. You just overheard a part of their conversation. Maybe it's you"
"Oh cmon, Won. Don't get my hopes high"
"It's not impossible, Nimi" he said in a serious tone.

"As if, Won. As if. And if ever this is reciprocated, we can't date. He's an idol and I'm a trainee. I'd just ruin your group's image if something happens. Riki won't even be happy about this, he's so protective of me although I'm the oldest one. I don't want you guys to have problems within the group cuz of me"
"Yeah, Niki might not be the happiest at first, but he would eventually understand"

"Why are we talking about this as if Jay and I are a thing?"
"Will you ever confess?"
"If this will damage me, then yes. They said that confessing helps to move on"
"So if this crush for Jay hyung will distract you too much or anything, you will confess to moving on?"
"Yes"
"And what if he reciprocates?"

"As if. By the way, why did you insist on walking me to the dorms?" I asked him as we were getting nearer.
"I needed to see Jay hyung's reaction"
"Huh?"
"Nothing, nothing. Oh look, we're here. Bye-bye Nimi!"
"Oh, bye Won! Thank you again for helping me" with that, he started walking to his dorms and I went inside mine.

After an hour or so, the girls came back. We all ate, caught up with everything and I gave them few things I got from Japan. Done that, we went to sleep since the next day was a new day and we had training and lessons.