♬ 45 ♬

Umi's pov

Few days have passed and it was already the day of Weverse Con 2022. Juyeon, Jinhee and I were sitting together in one of the side isles of the venue but still near the stage. We enjoyed very much each stage and cheered for the boys. Soon the show ended, they filmed a countdown although it was two ours before midnight and then they all went away.
On our way to the dorms I was in the same van as Jinhee, Sunghoon, Jay and Heeseung.

"You'll really do a live later, hyung?" Sunghoon asked.
"Hm yeah. Engene have been missing my HeePly. But I'll finish it before the countdown"
"It should've been my first new year countdown with the girls, I yet here I am stuck with this dork"
"Oh so the girls are more important than spending new year with your brother and boyfriend?"
"Yes" I said putting out my tongue at him.

"And you two? Are you gonna make me feel single as well?" Heeseung asked Jinhee and Sunghoon.
"I'd gladly do that but Jack Frost here doesn't like being showy around his friends"
"What did you say princess?" He said turning her head to face him.
"Please, spare my eyes" and we all laughed at the oldest's statement.

We arrived to their dorm and started cooking. Well- Jinhee, Jay, Sunoo and I were the ones cooking while the others were just chilling around and Heeseung was doing his live.
"Princess!" Sunghoon said back hugging her.
"Not now, Hoon, or we might burn the spring rolls"
"Don't worry, Jinhee, just go with Sunghoon or he won't stop bothering us" Jay said.

"You heard the head chef, princess? Let's go"
"Ugh fine. But once we get our own place, do not ever do that or you might end up with a pancake pan on your pretty face" And he just froze at the words 'once we get our own place'.
"Hee, I think you broke Sunghoonie hyung" Sunoo said.
"I did it on purpose so I can still cook"

"Not a chance, princess" and she just got lifted away from the kitchen to their living room.
"Those two are so funny and adorable" I said smiling as they went out.
"But you're the most adorable" my boyfriend said.
"Oh shut up, before I'm the one giving you a pan on the face"
"That'd be so funny Nimi! If you do that one day, please, record it and send it to the group chat!" Sunoo said.

Before the countdown, Heeseung finished his live and joined us in the living room and just in time the others started bringing the food as well.
"Ok, so, as I said... I had something to confess on our new year hangout"
"Is there something else I don't know?" My brother said a bit coldly
"Y-yes... Riki... It was never meant to be a secret but mom and dad did it to not make me feel any less..." I started off.

Jay held my hand as we were all sitting in a circle on the floor.
"R-Riki... I was adopted... Now before you say anything, let me finish. Please..."
He just nodded insecurely.
"My real name is Sugawara Umi and my real birthday is the 14th February, on Valentine's Day, which means I'm older than Konon. My parents died in a car accident when I was three or four months old"

"Since your parents were very close to mine, they decided to take me in and took care of me as their own. They brought us up like twins and it wasn't till Konon and I turned 7 that they told us the truth. Yet, they decided to wait till you two, you and Misora, would be older to tell you, so here we are..." I took a deep breath before continuing.
"So yeah... Thank you, Riki, for always treating me as your sister and just know that I'm really grateful to your family and for everything they did for me"

It was silence for a couple of minutes, everyone taking in the information they just received as Jay just placed his hand on my waist and traced circles to comfort me.
"You knew? Jay hyung?" Riki asked as first thing.
"Ah uhm... Yeah but I found out about it accidentally" he replied.
Finally someone finally did something. Jinhee and Juyeon went to me and hugged me without uttering a word, while the boys were looking at my brother for any type of reaction.

"I uhm... I'm sorry Ocean... I regret treating you so badly this last month..."
"It's ok, Riki. You wouldn't even ever think of this, right? It was just time you knew and don't worry about me and my past, since I was just a newborn"
"I still should've been more considerate, Ocean"
"That's not up to you Riki, you didn't know. Stop thinking about that"

"I just hope that everything will go back as it was. Between you and I, you and Jay and us and our parents"
"I'll call them later... Can I hug you?" He asked looking down.
"Is that even a question to ask? Come here, my Mini Jackson" I said opening my arms as the two girls scooted away and my brother went closer to me and cried in our hug mumbling apologetic words.