♬ 33 ♬

Two months have passed since that night and Jay would often check up on me by texting me or calling whenever we both could. Today it's his birthday and the boys invited me over to their dorm to celebrate together.
"Look, Nimi! Jay hyung and the boys are live" Sangwon said as we were hanging out in the trainee lobby during our dinner break.
"Oh wow, they all dressed up"

"They all look so cool. They really used the rock chic as a dress code"
"I know right? Riki even called me yesterday to ask if his outfit was ok. I'll get changed cuz after the live I'll go with them to the dorms"
"Hmkay. See you tomorrow, Nimi"
"Bye Sangwon"
I waited outside the building for a van to pick me up.
"Nimi! Long time no see!" Sunoo said.

"Yeah! It's sad that we're now in two different buildings"
"Yeah"
In the car it was Sunoo, Jungwon, Jay, and I.
"How have you been, Daeyang?"
"You're talking as if we didn't video call yesterday. But I'm fine, thanks for asking. What about you, birthday boy?"
"All became better the moment I saw you again"

"Not at Jay hyung flirting with my best friend in front of my eyes!" Jungwon said as he almost gagged.
"You just need to get used to it, Won. Just like what I did" I said jokingly.
"What do you mean by that, Hm?"
"Oh nothing, Jongseong. You thought you're the only one who can be bold here? I know you love it when I call you by your Korean name" at this point he couldn't hide his smile anymore and we all just laughed together.

Once at their dorm I immediately got hugged by my brother.
"I missed you, Ocean! We've been so busy with the comeback preparations that we couldn't meet anymore"
"Let's add the fact that you are now in the new building"
"Right" he said pouting.
We ate the food we ordered and talked and caught up with various things.
"So, how's training Nimi?" Heeseung asked.

"Pretty well. The girls and I are getting ready for the next evaluations. We've been ranking really high and our chances to debut next year are getting more concrete. At least that's what Yeona unnie told us"
"Debut?!" My brother said with a big smile.
"Yes, they've planned to debut two girl groups under Hybe next year and one will be us they said as we will be transferred to one of the labels"

"That's great news, Nimi!" Jake said.
"Yeah but the lineup might change soon"
"It's ok, I'm sure you'll be part of it" Jay said with that smile that I adore so much.
"Ocean, are you staying over for tonight?"
"I don't know, Riki. I don't have anything with me right now"
"You know that we bought you an extra pajama to leave here right?" Jungwon said.
"Oh right. Then sure, I'll just use your clothes for tomorrow" I said to my brother.

We were getting ready to sleep when I saw my brother already fast asleep in his bed.
"Must've been tiring today"
"He got really into his perfectionist mode" Jay said hugging me from behind.
"You know? I've never really got to say thank you"
"For what?"
"For taking care of my brother all the time, as if he's your own brother. I'm really thankful for that"

"Well, one day he's gonna be my brother for real, my Daeyangie"
"Beautiful way to ruin the mood Jongseong" I said giggling and turning to face him.
"Aish stop it you two, you look like a married couple" Sunghoon said and we just put our tongues out to him as he left the room again.
"By the way"
"Yeah?"
"Here's my gift for you"

"Hm?-" and without hesitation, I pulled him closer for a kiss and he immediately kissed back.
"Happy birthday, my favorite boy"
At this point he couldn't even process what just happened and he just blushed as I started laughing before getting into my bed. A few instants later I felt someone laying next to me and started cuddling in.
"Thank you, Daeyangie. You have no idea how long I've waited for that"

"You're welcome, took me a while to master up the courage. But wait- Are you gonna sleep here with me?"
"Yeah, I'll just go to my bed while the others are sleeping"
"Hmkay, Goodnight then"
"Night night Dae" and with that, we cuddled up to sleep.