CHAPTER 28:COMFORT

I looked down for a moment.
"Because he treated me like a trash, tortured me, beat me and abused me. He was half the reason why I died so unfairly. So I killed him."

"Its called karma." I said, looking up at Mril.

My heart thumped nervously. Now, how will be react? After finding out I can kill people.

There was a brief silence. Even the sound of Thartuye's flesh being torn apart by the flesh eaters down the cliff fell short on my ears.

"Well I guess karma is karma." When his little voice spoke I had a dumbfounded look on my face as we stared at each other.

"I am not a good person." I spoke.

"I never said you were one though." Mril replied.

"I plan to kill two more people."

"Did they also treat you like this person treated you?" Tmeri was the one who asked this time.

I froze.

"One of them raped and abused me. While the other raped and abused my current body." I answered in a low voice. "That's why I am going to kill them too and get revenge on them. Just like that person below."

When I glanced down at the cliff, Thartuye was still being devoured by the flesh eaters.

Mril blinked his round eyes at me. He flew closer to me.
"Is that so?" He then pat my cheek. "It must have been hard on you."

It was just a small gesture. Yet it fell so big. I felt pain in my chest at his words. Almost like a balloon, I was about to burst.
This was the first time someone had said to me.
In the past, when I was living though that hell, I always wondered how it would feel like to hear those words from someone else other than me.

It felt more heart-wrenching than I had imagined it to be. Fuck. I almost cried.

Tmeri had tears in his eyes as he looked at me.
"Ahhh our poor poor hooman!! Wuwuwu!"

I was shocked to see him cry while I was also barely holding my tears back.

"We, fairies, can kill and plunder just like you humans. The only tabbo that we hate the utmost and never go against it is the cycle of violation." Mril spoke stroking my eye.
"Violation will incur divine punishment on us if we ever violate our own kind."

"Wahhhh! We should have tortured that guy down there before killing him. Wahhhhh!!" Tmeri was still in tears. He hung onto my shoulder as he wept for me.

"......" It felt strange. Strangely warm even though I have just killed a person.
I really wanted to say back a few words but awkwardness ate me up. I was as still as a rock even though my heart was trembling more than ever.

"They will finish him up till not even his bones remains. Let's go." Mril suggested amidst the deafening silence.

I glanced down a moment before turning back and walking away.

With this, Thartuye Rethiar was DEAD.

My feet kept stopping from time to time as we walked back to the palace.

"When we reach my room, I have a story to tell you guys."

Mril hmmed at me, not speaking more.

This filled me with ease.

It felt good.

When we teleported back into my room I told them about my story.

I wanted someone from this world to know about me, as if to leave my imprint on it.

When both of their little hands hugged me, the warmth they carried made me melt for the first time.
Their gestures so small, but it broke me from inside little by little. The comfort they gave me that night was all that I have ever wanted whilst I was still Zeke.

That night I cried for the first time in a very long time.

In the past I often cried out of agony. This time however, I cried out of closure. And perhaps this was the first time ever when I let myself melt under their little hands.

It felt so good. So good that I forgot about everything during that little moment.