Hotchner x Reid

(Just saying, this is basically a rewrite of the Hotch x Reid chapter. Very diluted in a sense that it doesn't have much of a ship.)
💛

Spencer Reid was a genius in every sense of the term. His IQ was 187, he could read at 20,000 words per minute, he had three Ph.Ds in impressive fields, an eidetic memory, and could speak Latin, Korean, Russian, Spanish, ASL and Yoruba.
He had made hundreds of break throughs in high profile serial murder cases across the country, and saved close to thousands of lives by it.

With all of this evidence behind the idea that Spencer Reid was a genius, it seemed irrefutable. You would naturally assume that he knew the answers to everything.
But nobody could understand the reasons behind an act like this. You can blame mental illness and environmental factures in childhood, but it doesn't fix anything.
So for once in Spencer Reid's life, he didn't have all the answers he needed or wanted. He had the unsub, he knew who they were, but he couldn't do anything about it.

If your reason for inflicting pain on another human is out of fear, then all is justified. But some conditions make cases such as those to get discarded; expunged from records but never from memory. No one will every look at you the same. Most people would say that the aftermath drives people far less than the will to live.

Reid hadn't showed up for work yet. He was only ten minutes late to a briefing, but considering that everyone left before him last night he should have been here when they got there again this morning. Two agents were already attacked in their homes, so everyone was already anxious.
After another ten minutes, now making him twenty minutes late, the team decided to let Garcia call him.

To everyone's surprise, the phone was answered before the first ring even completed. But before Garcia could say anything, or anyone else could say anything, there was a clanking sound as if the phone fell out of his hands.

"Reid?" Garcia asked, a shakiness in her voice. Everyone in the briefing room was silent, some varying amount of panic setting in among them.

A crashing noise made by a ceramic or glass object was heard, muffled by the distance between the source and the phone speaker. Soon after an incoherent shout was heard from Reid.

"Reid, are you ok?" Garcia seemed to be the only one talking to Reid, though anyone could have pitched into the audio call. They were just more focused on the surrounding noises than to speak.

A few seconds later there was a sound of skin to skin contact. Like a slap or a punch.

"Reid, do we need to come get you?" Morgan asked, standing up from his chair.

After that question was uttered, the team heard footsteps toward the phone. Reid picked it up and frantically talked.

"No, no I'm fine!" He said.

"You don't sound fine, Kid." Rossi also stood up from his chair.

"No, I'm ok! It's just my mom. She's having an episode." Reid was talking at the speed of light.

"Do we need to send someone out there?" Morgan asked.

"No, no, she's my mother. She won't do anything. I'll just be late today. Is that ok?" Reid flinched as his mother screamed and crashed another object on the ground while throwing it at him.

Diana was having one of her Schizophrenic episodes and she thought her son was an intruder that had killed him. She was fighting Reid as if he had killed her son.

"Yeah, yeah that's fine Reid. We can debrief you on the plane." JJ smiled pathetically.

"Are you sure you're ok? Can you deal with her? What is she doing?" Hotch asked, gesturing Rossi and Morgan to sit back down, being somewhat of a hypocrite as he stood up himself leaning into the audio Garcia displayed on the main screen.