Season 2 Episode 11 "Sex, Birth, Death"

(short)
💛

"I can't believe his mother isn't out here looking for him." Morgan scoffed, driving their black SUV through the neighborhood surrounding the boys house.

"I told her to stay behind, at home, in case he came back." Spencer replied, preoccupied with looking through the tinted windows as they passed buildings and underbrush.

Morgan looked over at Reid, confused and frustrated.

"You are not responsible for this kid, Reid." Morgan urged, "You can't keep holding his hand. He's in some deep trouble."

Reid lowered into his seat, "I understand what he's going through." He continued to look through the window at the passing scenery, hoping Morgan would leave it at that.

"Of course you do, you're a profiler." The other man said, thinking he was being reassuring.

"No, it's not like that." Reid whined, cursing himself for continuing the conversation instead of letting Morgan have the win.

"Then enlighten me, kid." Morgan said curious as to what more he had to say.

"I know what it's like to be afraid of your own mind." Reid replied calmly. He continued to search for the boy through the window, as he ignored Morgan's eyes on him.

The agent stared at Reid in shock. Why would he say something like that? What does that even mean?

"What does that mean?" Morgan asked, a little agitated from his confusion and worry.

"Don't worry about it." Reid defused, knowing he had dug himself into a conversation he didn't want to have, and couldn't get out of.

"No kid! Tell me what you meant!" Morgan unintentionally intimidated Reid by looming over him from the drivers seat.

The younger man balled up slightly, but gained back a fit of confidence and fought back.
"I've never wanted to kill anyone, if that's what you're asking!"

"I know that." Morgan quieted down, "I just want to know what you're afraid of. Or was." He talked nicely, a contradiction to his earlier outburst.

"My brain is scrambled all the time, Morgan." Reid assured, "It's nothing I'm not used to."

"Just because you're used to it, doesn't mean it's ok. What is it?" Morgan wouldn't back down.

Reid sighed, defeated and not willing to fight anymore.
"My mind thinks things that I don't want to do. I've let my mind control my life because of my intelligence, so I don't stop myself when I do something weird." It was a cryptic answer, but an answer nonetheless.

"What do you mean by all that?" Morgan asked calmly.

"I don't know what I mean." Reid sighed, "I know what he's going through because I was always the outcast for how I thought. Granted, I wasn't thinking about killing prostitutes when I was fifteen, but I was thinking about Mathematics 215, and Quantitative Analysis. People thought I was crazy for what I knew." Reid gave a sad look to Morgan.

"I understand you feel for the kid, but he could kill someone tonight if we don't find him." Morgan patted Reid on the shoulder with a free hand, returning it to the wheel after.

"We'll find him." Reid said calmly but sternly. He sat up straight again and continued to look vigilantly out of the car windows.

Morgan stared at Reid periodically. He wanted to erase any bad memories he had in his brain that his eidetic memory wouldn't let him forget. The torment from school, the issues with his mother, the torture from unsubs. He didn't deserve any of it.

Reid and Reid Ship Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें