Reid Has Visual Snow Syndrome

(I think this one's alright, but not my best. I just wanted to write about visual snow syndrome because I thought it was really interesting. So I did.)
💛

Many of the members kept secrets from each other, and everyone knew that. Most secrets were fine to keep to one's self, and were usually that persons own business, but it was still nice to think you knew a friend so well that no lies were present. And with Reid, he didn't necessarily mean to keep a secret from his friends, but his untold fact never really came up.
So when the BAU was basking in their once in a lifetime chance of an office party, things got relatively out of hand because of a secret.

It was around Christmas, three days before, and the FBI field office in Quantico, Virginia was having a party in the building. Every unit, no matter the amount of people or what their specialty was, all participated and lended their work spaces to the party. It was basically an entire thirteen story building, including the roof, of just eggnog and drunks.
Granted, not everyone was drunk, e.g. Hotch, Reid, and some other office employees. And by drunk, it was mainly just people being giggly and flirting with each other.

Back to the BAU, they were all collected on the roof of the building, where someone had strung up Christmas lights a week before. The sky was pitch black with little stars, and it was cold and a little windy.
Reid, Hotch, and JJ were all sitting on a pile of wooden pallets with carpet laid over it, Morgan and Garcia were dancing around as music leaked from the lower floor, Emily was sitting on the handles of a ladder that led to an upper deck of satellites, and Rossi was just standing next to everyone drinking and laughing.

"Reid come dance with us!" Garcia whined, trying to pull on him to get up. She was the most intoxicated, and probably shouldn't have been on a roof thirteen stories off the ground, but she was being supervised.

"Garcia..." Reid pondered the offer for a moment, untimely giving in and letting her pull him up.

Morgan chuckled as he sat down in Reid's spot, and let him get mangled by Garcia.
She was spinning him around, and pulling him every which way.
Eventually he put his foot down, and said he wanted to stop.

"Why, baby boy? You haven't even drank anything, how can you be tired?" Garcia whined.

"I have a vision condition. A lot of rapid movements can make it worse." Reid explained, "It's like—uh—static." He sighed, making his way back to his seat.

"What do you mean?" Emily asked, not having been listening.

"It's just a neurological disorder where my vision looks like static." Reid shrugged, sitting in between Morgan and Hotch to be closer to Hotch. He could tell people were staring at him in confusion. It made him uncomfortable.

"You never told us about that." JJ said, looking hurt that Reid kept this a secret.

"Well, I never thought it was important." Reid leaned a little more into Hotch, but he refrained from touching Reid as he was a little upset too.

"When someone on the team has a disability like that, it's best for us to know about it." Hotch stated calmly.

Reid stood up swiftly, absolutely stunned by what his own partner had said to him.

"It's not a disability. It doesn't-it doesn't..." Reid didn't want to call it a disability, but by definition it was. Of course there was nothing wrong with being differently abled, but Reid valued his entire self on his ability to do his job. And people he cared for were now implying that they didn't think he was as capable of doing it.
"I'm going home." He said, leaving the roof through the door that led up to it.

Hotch tried to call out for him to stop, but he was cut off my JJ.

"Let him think about it. You know how he is." She said, patting him on the shoulder.