37

ISABELLAS POV

My mind screamed at me and I looked up at Malena. I step back from her and shake my head frantically. "No. I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't know-I have no idea what you're on about." 

Malena narrowed her brown eyes and they change and flash a deep purple. I step back more quickly again. Her eyes shock me. She takes one more step forward towards me. "You're lying." She teases lightly. 

I swallow hard as I take another step back. My mind is screaming at me to tell her the truth but I ignore it altogether. I shake my head again and repeatedly again. I swallow once more. "No. I'm not. That's the truth." 

"No, it's not." She steps forward again and smiles as her head cocks to the side. "Your memories tell me that much. I know that you have the power to make people do as you want them to and you attract them to you no matter what they think of you. You are a siren. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not." 

I swallow again and step back again. "You should leave," I say trying to keep my voice even and stop it from shaking. I keep eye contact with Malena and her eyes dim from a purple and her smile grows. 

"I will leave but you should know I am not one to forgive or forget easily." She says and she turns on her heel and walks out into the hallway. I hear the click of the door as it shuts behind her. I let out a loud sigh of relief. I sit back down on the couch and put my head in my hands. 

This was supposed to all be a secret. Nobody was supposed to know. 

— — — —

MALENAS POV 

As I shut the door behind me I can't help but smile as I remember the look of fear on Isabella's face when I had called her a siren. I hadn't heard much about them but I knew as much as I needed to. Everything I knew about Siren's was what I had learnt from the bestiary that had Stiles, Scott and I had a brief look at. But it was enough for me to know the basics.

I pull out my phone and dial Scott's number. It rings a couple of times and then he picks up. "Yea?" He asks sounding a little out of breath. 

"No one was home but Isbaella. No sign of Stiles. What about you?" I ask as I climb into my car. 

"I'm almost at my house and I'm going to get my bike but then I'll go to Derek's loft. I'll call you once I'm there." Scott says and he lets out a slow huff.

"Alright. Be careful yea?" I say as I start my car and pull out of the driveway. As I drive out I see Isabella sitting on the couch with her head in her hands. I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. 

"I always am," Scott says and I can hear the grin in his voice as he hangs up on me. 

I put my phone down and jam my foot on the accelerator and I turn the corner and speed up as I continue to Derek's loft and try not to think of what could wait for me if Stiles does remember everything that happened between us. 

— — 

I'm almost there when my phone begins to ring again. I flip it open and see it's Scott's number. I pull the phone up to my ear and place it between my ear and shoulder. 

"Hello?" I say as I turn the corner much sharper than the corner was intended to be turned around.  

"You need to get there. Now." Scott says quietly. 

I almost drop my phone at his words and tone. "What's wrong?" I ask my voice shaking slightly. 

"He's there. Not Stiles. The Nogitsune and he's waiting. Allison just texted me." He says his voice even.