49

MALENAS POV

I get to my house with 10 minutes to spare and sit down on the couch with my arms crossed and glare at the wall as I wait for Void to show up. 

"You're early." I hear from behind me after I've been waiting 5 minutes. 

Without turning around I respond coldly. "So are you."

Void walks around from behind the couch and sits down beside me and I ignore him as he lets out a sigh. "So you are still mad at me." He says and I turn to him with a glare. 

"What a keen observation. I never would've been able to tell." I snap and he rolls his eyes. 

Void looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Can I explain now?" He asks and I turn away from him and continue to glare at the wall. 

"It was an accident-" He starts but I cut him off as I stand up and look at him.

"You know it's funny," I say without an ounce of humour in my voice. "If I had a dime for every time someone said that to me I would be rich as fuck, when are people going to admit to their mistakes? You can't 'accidentally' kill someone. You can't 'accidentally' sleep with someone. It's not how it works." 

Void looks at me with a small smirk and I feel my jaw twitch as I resist the urge to slap him. "As I was saying, it was an accident. And before you interrupt me, again, I'd like the opportunity to explain how it was an accident among other things. The oni were given specific rules to not kill anyone. They killed Allison out of self-defence. In case you forgot, she killed one of them."

I glare down at him, "so that warrants you to kill anyone who kills an oni? Well, guess what dick head I killed an oni. Three in fact, so are you going to kill me three times over or what?"

Void flinches slightly at my comment but he lets out a huff of air and turns away from me. 

"God damnit Void! You said you wanted to explain so fucking explain!" I hiss at him and suddenly he's standing up in front of me and we're face to face, inches apart. 

 "I just fucking explained it. You're the one not listening!" He says, his eyes blazing. 

I glower at him. "You said amongst other reasons. Why else did you kill her?" I demand and Void throws his arms up and runs a hand through his hair. "Go on. Tell me." I bait.

"Because I fucking love you! Was it not obvious enough yet?" He hisses and I look at him, gaping. 

"You-" I start but my brain doesn't allow me to finish the sentence. 

He loved me. He. Loved. Me. Void loved me, not Isabella. Me

I stare at him utterly lost for words and Void just shakes his head as he sits down on the couch. "Well say something." He says weakly with his head in his hands. 

I can't help myself as I let out a snort of laughter. "You don't know what love is." 

Void looks up at me and his face is blank. "Don't I?" He asks, his voice sounding hoarse as he lets out a laugh. "Malena, out of all the things I fear and dread most in the world, in myself, you are at the top of the list. I can't trust myself around you, at any instant my heart threatens to break and my will threatens to crumble. Fuck, I'd die for you, give up whatever small part of power I contain for you. I'd give whatever is left of my twisted soul in an instant even if it meant I had to spend an eternity in torment, just for one moment, one, with you as mine."

My heart almost splits in two at his words. "So you killed my best friend because you love me?" I whisper and Void looks pained for the first time since we started our conversation. "I told you, that was a mistake. I had no control over that." 

I scoff and shake my head. "You control the oni do you not?" 

Void sighs, "They acted in self-defence. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that." 

But of course, that answer isn't enough for me, "and how about when they were slicing up Isaac like a kebab stick? Or when they were trying to stab Kira through the heart? Was that self-defence too?" I ask my voice fierce. 

Void seems to realise that nothing he can say will save him from my anger now and he tries to reason with me but I don't let him interrupt, I'm on a roll. 

"or maybe when you kidnapped me and tortured me with dead voices in my head? Was that love?" I ask, rage fueling my words. "Or maybe, maybe, love is having another girl that you know nothing about in my house. Fucking her in my parent's bed." 

Void has his hands up in defence. "That wasn't my fucking fault! You know that-" 

But I hold up a hand to stop him. "There was a time when maybe this news wouldn't have made me so fucking angry but Void, you've crossed so many lines," I said savagely.

Void stands up again and he's trying to get me to calm down but I'm not listening. "Please love, you have to listen to me. I know it sounds insane but it'll be okay-"

"No! It's won't be! You need to leave me the hell alone!" I yell and take a step back from him towards the direction of the front door. 

"Malena, come on." He pleads, his voice sounding desperate. 

I shake my head again and am about to turn to the door when Void's lips smash down on my own. He kisses me once, twice, until I've had a taste and realize I'll never have enough. He's everywhere up my back and over my arms and suddenly he's kissing me harder, deeper, with a fervent urgent need I've never known before. I pull back from him and let out a breath. 

"I'm sorry I just needed you to listen to me." He whispers against my lips. 

I nod slowly, and self consciously lick my lips. The taste that comes off of them is a minty, bitter tangy flavour. 

"I love you. Nothing could change that. Not even Isabella could compel that away because the feeling is too strong. Yes, I control the oni, I set them upon your friends with the struct rule for them not to kill anyone. But I got carried away with Isaac, and I am sorry for that. Allison was the only one of your friends who was making progress and fighting back with a chance of winning and the oni saw that as a threat. I didn't think it would go that far. I also didn't think that you'd be that upset about all of this considering what Allison and Isaac did to you. But I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you." His breath comes out against my lips quickly and I disregard everything he just said with a small smile as I reach up to his hair and intertwine my fingers in it. 

"Shut up and kiss me," I murmur my breath fanning his face. 

"You're the boss." He says with a small smirk and I pull his face to my own as we stumble our way up the stairs to my bedroom.

— — — —

😏 the rest is up to yall's imagination. ik, ik i robbed you I'm sorry i just don't want to write anything past that ifyk what i mean.

anyways, so there will defo be more than 50 chapters, hope you guys don't mind!

also! we're at 20k??? WHAT IN THE WORLD?? THAT'S INSANE! THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH!

i love you all so much and I'm so grateful for you all! 

thoughts on the chapter?  — — — —>