55

MALENAS POV

Void and I stayed in the bed together last night and as I blinked myself awake I couldn't help but feel a weight on my stomach and as I looked down I realised it was Void's arm. I smiled to myself as I shut my eyes again, I was going to try and enjoy this for a little bit longer. 

I hear Void yawning from behind me and I freeze to try not to move. He also freezes, clearly awake and seeing our entanglement. 

"Malena?" He asks quietly and I stay quiet. "Are you awake?" 

I decide to turn and look at him over my shoulder, without moving his arm. "I am now," I say with a small smile. 

"Sorry," He says grinning and I smile widely at him. He looks down at his arm that is folded around my waist and I feel my face flush. He goes to remove it but I move to his arm and hold it in place. 

"Not yet, I want to go back to sleep," I say trying not to trip over my words. 

Void rolls his eyes but leaves his arm in place. "Fine whatever." He says as he turns back to his side so that his legs are pressed up against the underside of my own. 

I smile as I turn back to my front and fall back to sleep. 

— — 

The next time we wake up Void is in the shower and I go down to pay the lady for our stay so we can leave. 

"Hello, deary." She says with a smile as I walk up to the front desk and I smile once as I hand over the key to the room. "Have a good night?" She asks and her smile has turned into a smirk. 

I look up at her as I reach for my wallet and raise an eyebrow. "As well as to be expected I assume," I say as I swipe my credit card. 

"I'm sure." She says as she turns away from me and goes back to the side room and leaves me standing there confused. 

I shake my head as I turn and walk back to my room and my phone starts to ring. I stop just before I reach the door and pull my phone from my back pocket. I freeze as I see it's Scott. 

"Fuck it," I murmur as I put the phone to my ear and answer it. "Hello?"

"Malena! You better come back right now or I swear to fu-" I hear Lydia say and someone pulls the phone away from her. I stand waiting for somebody to answer. "Malena?"

My heart squeezes at his voice. "Stiles," I say my voice cracking. 

"Where are you?" He demands. "We'll come and get you right now. Just tell us where you are." He says and I turn away from the room's door. 

"I'm not coming back," I say and my voice sounds cold, even to me. 

"Oh, you're full of it. Fucking hell Malena, just tell us where you are and we can come to pick you up. You're not even in any shit. I mean you didn't kill anyone." Stiles says sounding thoroughly annoyed at me, not something I was new to. 

I pause before answering. "I did," I say quietly. 

There's a pause on the other end of the line and and I hear someone gasp. "You-what?" Scott asks, barely able to hide his shock. 

"I killed someone," I say simply and I pretend not to hear the door of the room creak open that signals Void's eavesdropping. "Are you proud of me, Scott? I learnt how to use my powers." I let out a harsh laugh. 

"Malena..." Stiles says trailing off and I can almost see his horrified expression. 

"Goodbye. Don't call me again." I snap as I hang up on the three of them and shove my phone into my pocket. 

Void's now leaning against the door frame with a small smile. I push the door open and flop down on the bed and he follows behind me. 

"Ugh, this is hard," I say, my voice muffled by the pillow. 

Void sits down next to me and smiles. "I'm proud of you." He says quietly. 

I sit up at that. "Proud of me? For what?" I ask shocked. 

"For being able to leave your friends behind, I know that it's hard but you made the right decision." He pauses and then meets my gaze. "I love you." He says and I smile at him. 

"I love you too," I say as I lie back onto the messy bed again. 

"I care for you, love, you know that right? I always will." He says and I turn my head to him and smile. 

"Yea, I know," I say as I close my eyes and take a brief moment of rest as Void intertwines his fingers in my own and kisses my hand.

I knew I wasn't going back to my friends, I knew it in my heart and mind. Even if I wanted them to, there was no way things would go back to the way they were. But it didn't matter because I am happy where I am. With Void, with no worries, no problems. This was all I was ever going to need, I was never going back, not if I could help it. 

the end.

....for now. 

— — — —

ahh! so i managed to keep it on schedule! this will be the last actual chapter of a void in the heart (there will be an epilogue dw) and i'm so sorry its so short, but there really isn't much more to cover of season 3b!

i will most likely write a sequel of season 4 depending on if i have any ideas for it! i hope you guys enjoyed the story and i would just like to say all of your love and support means the absolute world to me and i couldn't be more grateful for all of it. it's completely insane that i have so much of your guys support and i love you all endlessly. 

lots of love

- malena, (the real one.) 

thoughts on the chapter? — — — —>