51

MALENAS POV

I let out a small gasp as I run to help Kira support Stiles who seemed to be struggling a lot. 

"Sti," I murmured quietly worried at the state he was in, but at the use of his old nickname, he somehow found it in him to smile at me. 

"Hey, Malley." He says with a small groan and it makes me smile. I hadn't heard that nickname in a very long time. 

Scott walks over to Kira and kisses her cheek and then turns to us. "We need to get to the school, that's where the Nogitusne will be waiting." 

I stiffen a little, there rest of them still didn't know about Void and me. 

Stiles must feel me shift because he gives me a look that says 'I know something is wrong' but he doesn't press it, thank god. "You can take my jeep if you want, Kira drove it here." 

Scott nods and Lydia thanks Deaton for his help and she comes to help Stiles on the other side as Kira hands the car keys to Scott. Lydia looks at me with a small sad smile and I offer her one back in return. Lydia and I help carry Stiles back to his jeep parked outside and Lydia slides into the back seat as I help Stiles up and then slide in beside him too. 

"You'll be okay Sti," I whisper, more to calm myself down than to calm him down. Stiles has his eyes closed and he smiles a little in my direction. 

"If only that was true." He says softly and Lydia gives me a worried look. 

We might be able to save Stiles, but whether or not he wanted to be saved would be a different battle altogether. 

— — 

When we get to the school Stiles has enough strength to pull himself out of the back seat without my help. He lets out a huff as he turns around, and I pull his arm over my shoulder as we follow Kira, Lydia and Scott to the doors of the school.  

"Scott, hold on," Stiles calls out and Scott spins around. "I know what you're all thinking-- if this works, it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

I look at Stiles in disbeilf. "The plan is to save you!" I say shaking my head. 

"That's the plan I'm going with," Scott says with force and he opens the door to the school without looking back. 

But the sight that greets us isn't lockers and long hallways its a room that consists of one thing, a garden. Covered and coated in snow. I feel myself shiver as the temperate changes. What the hell was going on?

Stiles steps in front of us, letting go of me. He shakes his head slightly. "Well, this is definitely not part of the plan."

I hear small bells chiming and I look up at the sky, which is normally a roof and hold out my hand as flakes of snow flutter gently into the palm of my hand. 

In the distance, I can hear the roaring and what sounds like a fight, which I presume is Derek. But then there's a new sound, like the scraping of feet and I turn and I'm greeted by what I now know is the Nogitsune. 

Kira unsheaths her sword as the Nogitusne walks toward us all. "As I promised, Stiles... We're going to kill all of them, one by one..."

Four Oni appear two stands beside the Nogistuen and another two behind us, trapping us into a circle. 

"What the hell is this? Where are we?" Scott asks, his tone cold. 

"Between Life and Death." The Nogitsune growls hungrily.