42

MALENAS POV

I pushed past Scott and ran to Void who was looking at me with a lazy smirk. Aiden, Lydia and Deaton were giving me a strange look but Scott just let out a sigh. I came to a halt just in front of Void and he turned his eyes to look at me. 

"Yes?" He asks his voice lazy with no emotion as though he was not in a room full of people who wanted to hurt him. 

I glare at him and resist the urge to slap him, was he crazy showing up here?

Void lurches forward almost as if he's about to tackle me but he falls back and looks down at his hand and then smirks at Deaton. "Kanima venom." He pauses and looks back at me. "Nice touch."

Deaton gives him a cold smile and Aiden lets out a low growl Void's eyes move from Deaton to Aiden and his smirk grows. 

"You know how they say that twins get a feeling when the other one's in pain? You didn't lose that power too, did you?" He says and I look at him with horror. 

Aiden's eyes flash and he looks at Scott who's come to a standstill. The threat in Void's voice was obvious. 

"Oh, I hope not! You're going to need it."Void continues and he looks at me for a second to wink in my direction and then he turns back to Aiden. "Okay, I'll give a little hint," He says in a patronizing tone. "Ethan's at the school." 

Aiden looks at me and Scott panicked but Scott shakes his head. "Go!" He shouts and Aiden shoots out the front door without looking back. 

"Void," I murmur but he doesn't look at me, he keeps his attention on Scott.

"Oh, I hope he gets there in time. I like the twins, short tempers, homicidal compulsions... They're a lot more fun than you bakemono, trying to save the world every day." Void snickers and I gasp, Scott looks at me with a steely expression. 

"Doc, you brought something to paralyze his body. You got anything for his mouth?" Melissa asks eyeing Void with disgust.

"Yes, I do," Deaton says and he pulls out a roll of duck tape.

— — — —

I'm lying down on the couch opposite Void when I hear Deaton and Scott whispering behind me. I sit up to join the conversation.

"How much longer do you think we have?" I ask them both and they look at me a little startled that I had heard them.

Deaton sighs and he shrugs. "I wish I knew, but, if we don't figure out something soon, we're going to need to find a better place to keep him." Deaton looks at Void and shakes his head uneasily. "I think we're grossly underestimating the danger here. He might be paralyzed, but it still feels like he's got us right in the palm of his hand." 

I look back at Void who was already looking at us and he sends me a small smile and a wink. 

I send him a glare and flop back down on the couch.

— — — —

Later when Melissa goes to do a check-up on Void I pretend to be asleep on the couch to listen in on their conversation. 

I look at them both through squinted eyes and try not to make it too obvious I'm watching them. Melissa cautiously sits down in front of Void to tend to some type of wound on his abdomen, which looks like it was maybe a day or two old which shocks me. I try to think if he had shown any sign of struggle yesterday and come up blank. She begins to tend to his wound when I hear a sniffle. I try to squint my eyes more and see that Void is crying. 

"Stiles?" melissa asks with a gasp and slowly the boy nods his head. 

My insides freeze, if this was Stiles how was he going to react to everything that happened with Void? Maybe he'd be fine with it, hell he definitely wouldn't be.