-alternative ending-

hello loves!

so it has been one year since i started this incredible journey, and i want to thank you all so so so much for the love and endless support you have all given me on a void in the heart, you have got no idea how much it means to me. In honour of the event, this is my gift to you.

so when i was finishing up this book i had a total of three endings planned, the one i picked was what is probably the 'happy' ending. So i think we all know where this is going. This chapter might be sad to some of yalll. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

--

MALENAS POV

I let out a small gasp and Scott grins at me. "We're okay! We're oka-" He's cut off and slumps to the ground and I turn around to see Kira is knocked out as well. I spin on my heel causing me to stumble a little and the sight that greets me is none other than Void, standing above my two friends with a smirk on his face.

"This was my game." He says as he turns to Lydia, Stiles and myself and I stumble back into Lydia. "You think you can beat me at my game?"

He takes another fast-paced step forward and Stiles, Lydia and I begin to walk backwards as he gets closer and counties walking down the hallway.

"You can kill the Oni, but me? Me? I'm a thousand years old you can't kill me!" He yells and I flinch.

This isn't the Void I know.

The movement doesn't go unnoticed by Void and he pauses where he is, his eyes full of regret.

"But we can change you!" Lydia shouts out and I whip my head to her and see Scott running at Void from behind, but Void can't see it.

He's too busy looking at me.

"NO!" I scream out and just as Scott goes to bite his arm I try and push Void out of the way.

I hear someone shout and I open my eyes that I had squeezed shut and see Void, mouth open in shock as he looks at Scott's mouth which is now wrapped around his hand, his teeth digging into Void's hand.

"Scott Stop!" I yell out again and push Scott off Void, but it's too late.

I was too late.

Void holds my gaze and looks at me for one second with a weak smile, that gives me just a flicker of hope and I return his smile, and then Kira runs him through with her sword.

I let out an audible gasp as Void falls to his knees and I fall to my own trying to hold him up but he turns to dust and I fall forward onto what was Void.

"No," I whisper weakly as I try to grab whatever of him that I can. "No." I say louder this time.

I feel something building in my throat, something that feels a lot like a spiral I won't be able to control.

"Malena it's for the best," Scott says with an annoyed tone.

That does it. I scream.

This scream contains more than just sadness. It contains anguish and anger. Anger at myself, anger at Scott, at Stiles at Allison, at Kira. At everyone. The pure rippling waves of complete and total pain overtake my body.

I hear someone come forward to try and comfort me but I just scream louder, I feel my body radiating the sound waves from the scream.

The pain in my heart is too much for me to bear. I can feel whatever small grasp I have on reality slipping through my fingers, ever so slowly.

And as I'm kneeling next to the dust of my former lover I can close my eyes and envision him, smiling at me. Kissing me.

I let out a shaky sob at the thought.